Schneider Electric recently held a meeting in Paris with investors and financial analysts to highlight the group’s digital strategy and differentiated offers for 2018.
“Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and industrial automation,” explains Eddie Ukpong, digital customer experience country leader: southern Africa for Schneider Electric. “It is ready to offer its customers a new level of efficiency and performance, as digital acts as a key driver in reaching the group’s target of 3-6% growth in 2018.
“Specific products such as Edge Control and Apps, Analytics & Digital Services are targeted to grow above group average.
“Schneider Electric’s long history of digital innovation and experience enables customers to win in the digital economy through the group’s unique EcoStruxure platform and superior digital customer experience. The in-depth presentations covered the four domains of EcoStruxure: EcoStruxure Power, EcoStruxure IT, EcoStruxure Machine and EcoStruxure Plant.”
Ukpong says six foundations are driving Schneider Electric’s success in the digital space.
* One IOT-ready architecture and platform, EcoStruxure, which enhances value and enables digital adoption in the Group’s key end-markets, with embedded end-to-end cybersecurity.
* Leadership at the edge with advanced control and intelligence, with embedded software capabilities.
* Digital lifecycle management, with a complete offering, for increased consistency and cost savings, from capex to opex, further strengthened by the Aveva transaction.
* Deep technology domain and segment expertise that drives high value solutions for the group’s targeted segments, cross-selling the group’s complete product offering.
* A big digital services portfolio already available, with 40 digital service apps already commercialised and an additional 20+ to come in 2018, leading to a high ROI for customers.
* An open partner ecosystem as a multiplier: Built on interoperability and open standards, the group’s architecture is further advanced through strategic partnerships for increased reach and adoption and an EcoStruxure community of more than 20 000 system integrators and developers.
“These foundations create a powerful cycle that is fostering additional growth for the future,” continues Ukpong. “The strong customer digital value proposition is enabled by the group’s digital transformation.”