HP recently announced secured mobile print solutions that make it easier for business customers to print whenever and wherever they need.
HP also announced new single-function printers, multifunction printers (MFPs), scanners and solutions that streamline customers’ digital and paper processes and increase business productivity.
The proliferation of data created by a growing mobile workforce is driving organisations to rethink how they conduct business and manage their information. HP addresses this challenge with a “New Style of IT.”
This includes delivering business printing technologies that accelerate productivity in a hybrid paper-and-digital world.
“Organisations need to adapt quickly to the changing landscape of information technology, which includes dealing with the vast amounts of data and processes created by a growing mobile workforce,” says Ravi Perumal, Personal Printing Systems category manager, HP South Africa.
“New innovations and an updated LaserJet printing portfolio help improve customers’ mobile print experience and transform the management of digital and print workflows for potentially greater business performance.”
By 2015, 37% of the global workforce will be mobile. Organisations must be able to respond to the mobility megatrend with solutions that are easy to use, increase efficiency and help reduce security risks.
New HP mobile printing solutions include:
* The HP 1200w Mobile Print Accessory and HP JetDirect 2800w for FutureSmart Fleet: enable wireless direct and near field communication (NFC) touch-to-print capabilities from smartphones, tablets and notebook PCs for a new and existing installed base of 40-million HP LaserJet and Officejet customers.
These accessories are affordable and easy to install via USB or by placing them in the device’s hardware integration pocket.
* HP LaserJet Enterprise M800 series is the industry’s first A3 enterprise printer and flow MFP series with touch-to-print functionality and wireless direct.
These devices simplify the way customers can safely print, allowing them to do so from any NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet with just one touch.
Within this series, the HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M880 and the HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M830 also feature HP’s Flow document management technology to streamline digital and paper processes and accelerate business workflows for enterprise customers.
* HP Colour LaserJet Enterprise M750 series: Make printing simpler and more efficient with professional colour documents for general office needs on a variety of paper sizes up to SRA3, at a low price. Businesses can save time and effort as the model is reliable and easy to manage.
* Updates to HP ePrint Enterprise offer enhanced connectivity features and expanded device support for environments using mobile device management solutions. HP now offers a version of the ePrint Enterprise app for BlackBerry 10, as well as Android and iOS versions of the HP ePrint Enterprise for Good app helping mobile users print content secured by the Good suite of solutions.
Additionally, the HP ePrint Enterprise server software will support WiFi printing from the native print path on certain mobile devices.
* HP Capture and Route 1.3 solution now offers iOS and Android mobile client support making it easier to manage, update and store information accurately and efficiently. In addition, users can now scan from HP Officejet Pro X and other HP devices directly to Google Docs for cloud storage.
New printing solutions for enterprise and small and medium-sized business (SMB) customers help them integrate business workflows with digitised processes.
Updates to HP’s business printing portfolio include HP’s first enterprise Flow scanner and HP’s smallest MFP to date:
* HP Scanjet Enterprise Flow 5000 s2: Further extending HP’s Flow platform, this desktop sheet-feed scanner is a fast and dependable option for streamlining workflows by transforming paper into editable digital files.
Users can scan to multiple formats and send documents directly to cloud storage, network folders or SharePoint. With HP Easy Scan in-box, profiles can be setup and scans stored for an easy scanning solution at the push of one button. Additionally, HP EveryPage technology helps users avoid missed pages in scanned files.
* HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125/M127 series – includes HP’s smallest MFP with monochrome print, scan, copy and fax capabilities, and is the first in its class to offer a 3-inch (7.6cm) colour touchscreen panel.
* HP Colour LaserJet Pro MFP M176/M177 series: Satisfies traditional multifunction printer needs for SMBs requiring extended workflow management. It also acts as a hub for an organisation’s document management capabilities via connections with cloud services like Google Docs or Box.net.
* HP Embedded Capture – new serverless content capture solution designed to facilitate the scanning of images by allowing customers to create their own personal workflows, streamline processes and help boost productivity.
* HP Access Control 13.0 – updates to this security solution include support for the HP Officejet Pro X series and enhanced non-HP device support to enable more secured pull printing and authentication. Customers can experience a consistent level of device support regardless of the make-up of an organisation’s fleet of devices.