VMware has announced that it has expanded its portfolio of validated desktop solutions for vertical industries to address challenges experienced by individual business sectors.
The solutions meet specific performance, availability and security needs of vertical industries such as education, financial services, healthcare, government and manufacturing using the advanced technology found in VMware Horizon.
“In the US President Obama recently issued a memo to his federal agencies mandating that they do a better job offering telework and flexible work schedules to employees,” says Nick Black, business manager, end-user computing, sub Saharan Africa, VMware.
“VMware’s Federal Secure Desktop solution for the Federal Government is just one example of how our broad portfolio of vertical solutions can help organisations achieve their mandate efficiently and securely, and would also work well with our local intelligence and security agencies.
“By working closely with customers across industries, we understand the various IT challenges they encounter every day and can accelerate their desktop modernisation initiatives using our tested and validated solutions.”
The focus verticals include:
* Education – the updated VMware Secure Online Testing solution;
* Federal Government – the updated VMware Federal Secure Desktop solution;
* Financial Services – VMware’s new AlwaysOn Financial Workplace solution;
* Healthcare – the new VMware Care Systems Analytics and VMware AlwaysOn Point of Care; and
* Manufacturing – the new VMware High Performance Desktop with 3D solution.
VMware works closely with technology partners to create complete, tested and validated solutions for critical use cases within a particular vertical industry. VMware vertical solutions help accelerate the time to value and minimise risk for our customers.