Cloud On Demand, a local, channel only cloud provider that is part of the MB Technologies Group, has upgraded its infrastructure as a service (IaaS) control panel to the latest version of VMware vCloud Director in order to enhance the customer and partner experience.
VMware vCloud Director is a key component of vCloud Suite and the Cloud On Demand virtual Data Centre (vDC) offering, providing a self-service portal and catalogue that enables policy-based infrastructure and application provisioning and automated operations management.
vCloud Director orchestrates the provisioning of software-defined data centre services, to deliver complete virtual data centres for easy consumption in minutes.
Some of the key new functionality introduced includes:
* Enhancements to the catalogue, including the ability to limit access to shared catalogues, automated versioning of catalogue content, and the ability to upload any type of file to the catalogue;
* Ability to customize virtual machine hardware settings when deploying vApps from templates;
* Support for hot-add and hot-remove of hard disk and NICs in additional to the memory and CPU hot-add features;
* The ability to import and export vApps directly to and from the virtual data centre (VDC), together with support for the Open Virtual Appliance (OVA) file format; and
* Google Chrome Web browser support and the ability to access virtual machine consoles on Mac OS.
“Our belief is that Cloud should not be a compromise and that there should be the same and potentially even more control and flexibility when deploying workloads to the Cloud. vCloud Director allows us to offer these enhanced levels of functionality and control. This new version improves on this even further and gives our partners and their customers a rich administration experience using standard VMware technologies,” says CEO Jonathan Kropf.