Cyberoam, a leading global provider of network security solutions, announced a major update to its CyberoamOS network security operating system, which forms the basis for all of Cyberoam’s integrated security solutions – Cyberoam Next-Generation Firewalls and UTM appliances.
The new CyberoamOS 10.6.1 is a mega-release covering 60+ features and enhancements focusing on security, simplicity of use, enhanced network visibility, Cyberoam dynamic DNS service, API support for managed security and integration with 3rd party systems and business continuity.
The key highlights of CyberoamOS 10.6.1 include:
* Simplified and effective IPS configuration for SOHO / SMB with ready-to-use IPS policy templates that come with Firewall Rule style naming convention, solving the struggle of ‘which IPS Policy to apply’ for SOHO/SMBs along with easy troubleshooting.
* Easing the burden of complex enterprise deployments by enabling High Availability in combination of Route & Bridge mode.
* Providing building-blocks of interoperability for enterprise customers with Cyberoam API, enabling ready integration with any existing authentication servers, wireless controllers, custom developed application, guest portals (hotspot solutions) and workflow automation, thereby delivering seamless single sign-on for enterprises and facilitating interoperability with other third-party systems through least administrative hassles and support costs.
* Helping MSSPs augment managed security delivery with Cyberoam API, which allows integrating and managing Cyberoam security appliances with their existing policy managers, enabling MSSPs to derive greater competitive advantage from existing business processes.
* Expanding virtual security ecosystem, extending security support to leading Virtualization platforms, including KVM and Citrix XenServer virtualization frameworks in addition to VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
* Better understanding into BYOD buildup and insights into employee-triggered events with visibility into client types like iOS, Android; users connecting to the office network; and the extent of their usage.
* Future readiness for the transition towards IPv6 enterprise networking with IPv6 support for network layer security and routing.
* Enabling customers in select European countries enforce a rightful use and compliance policy for Internet access – Providing configuration to integrate external web category database for specific categories, especially for organisations in education, ISP and government segments.
Abhilash Sonwane, senior vice-president of Product & Technology, Cyberoam, says, “This release highlights how Cyberoam’s innovative technology steps to the fore for the changing face of network security, solving challenges and creating new opportunities for customers across different verticals and geographies and partners alike.
“The latest CyberoamOS carries further our philosophy of simplifying security as it adds over 60 new features and capabilities, addressing the security and flexibility needs of customers without creating complexities.”