NetApp has expanded its all-flash storage array line with new models tailored for enterprise buyers. The All Flash FAS (AFF) 8000 series packs world-class performance and the industry’s best data management in a single solution. It ships with NetApp Data ONTAP FlashEssentials innovations, which increase flash performance and efficiency.All-flash storage changes the way companies do business by dramatically speeding application performance and improving server efficiency. The all-flash choices available from other vendors today, however, lack core enterprise capabilities such as application integration, built-in data protection, and integration with the cloud. The AFF8000 series delivers the benefits that make all-flash systems ready for broad enterprise deployment. Customers also achieve better ROI for the long term as a result of NetApp’s unique ability to seamlessly move data from flash to disk to cloud as it ages.
“As more enterprises deploy and become comfortable with flash, the need for scalable, flash-optimized platforms with a rich set of mature data services will become a key purchase criteria in enterprise storage,” said Eric Burgener, research director of Storage, IDC. “Enterprises looking to reap the TCO benefits of flash deployment at scale for their primary workloads need to know these solutions can reliably handle dense mixed-workload consolidation. Vendors like NetApp, with a strong portfolio of highly flash-optimized platforms, give buyers the choices they need to meet those requirements.”
Four AFF8000 models are available now and can be ordered as standalone systems and in FlexPod converged infrastructure solutions. Professional Services, delivered by NetApp or its partners, help users identify those workloads that are best served by all-flash systems.
NetApp also announced new installation and extended support offers for the AFF8000 series. Customers can acquire the new systems at prices starting as low as US$25,000. Risk-free options exist for customers to evaluate NetApp all-flash solutions, available through NetApp and its partners.
“The AFF8000 line is built to take high-performance flash storage into the mainstream,” says Lee Caswell, vice-president, Product and Solutions Marketing, NetApp. “We help customers achieve better long-term outcomes with a complete set of enterprise capabilities and the unique ability to support data movement from flash to disk to cloud as needs change.”
Announcement highlights include:
The AFF8000 series delivers the most complete all-flash offering for the enterprise. Customers benefit from built-in data protection, multiprotocol support, scale-out performance, and seamless data movement from flash to disk to cloud. Other features include quality of service, multi-tenancy, and NetApp’s best-in-class application integration for simplified configuration and management of SQL and Oracle databases, virtualized servers, and VDI workloads.
* FlashEssentials: The All Flash FAS incorporates software optimizations derived from NetApp’s advanced technology development lab. These innovations include a flash-optimized read data path, inline compression, and zero-based inline deduplication. FlashEssentials is included in clustered Data ONTAP, the foundation for Data Fabric, NetApp’s vision for the future of data management. NetApp’s approach enables customers to have control and choice in how to manage, secure, and move data from flash to disk to cloud.
* NetApp OnCommand Performance Manager 2.0: This new software release gives users a comprehensive dashboard to automatically evaluate performance and troubleshoot issues to maintain optimal system operation.
* Workload Wizard: This wizard provides automated setup for Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server installations to simplify storage settings and host server connection setup.
* Enterprise Service and Support:
• NetApp Professional Services can help customers identify top workloads for
high-performance flash and optimize their All Flash FAS investment.
• NetApp SupportEdge price protection extends support on All Flash FAS systems up to seven years at point of sale.
• There is a one-price NetApp Installation Service for All Flash FAS platforms, regardless of configuration.
* Evaluation Options: Qualified partners and customers can request risk-free trial systems
to quickly and easily see the impact of flash performance on their own workloads.