The finalists of the 2015 South African Small Business Awards have been announced by the National Small Business Chamber (NSBC).
This year marks the seventh anniversary of the South African Small Business Awards, recognising the hard work, outstanding achievements and vision of small business and their entrepreneurial success.
Sponsored by Adams & Adams, FNB and Vodacom, this year’s winners will be announced on 5 November. The South African Small Business Awards comprise four categories including National Small Business Champion, National Entrepreneur Champion, National Woman in Business Champion, and National Young Entrepreneur Champion. This year will also see the introduction of three special awards: National Exporter Award, National Travel & Tourism Award and the National Innovation Award.
Mike Anderson, founder and CEO of the NSBC, says: “The awards programme draws many entries each year and to be shortlisted as a finalist is the ultimate recognition for a small business owner or entrepreneur. It is also a springboard to enhanced success as winners go on to enjoy new, even greater businesses opportunities.”
The 2015 South African Small Business Awards finalists are as follows:
National Small Business Champion of the Year
* Oembotutravel.co.za – Henri Otou
* Ariston Global – Reginald Pillay
* College Of Production Technology – Loraine Greenwood
National Entrepreneur Champion of the Year
* Tyrone Naidoo – BEE Online
* Kevin Paxton – Noble Water Solutions
* Gill Bowen – Shooshoos
Woman in Business Champion of the Year
* Tanya Kisten – Khanyisela College
* Refilwe Marumo – Mighty Comms
* Sonja Smith-Janse Van Rensburg – Sonja Smith Funeral Group
Young Entrepreneur Champion of the Year
* Tshepiso Mametja – Amphiguard Brickyard
* Janine Van Zyl – Cold Gold Artisan Ice Cream
* Marisa Da Silva – Infanta Foods