subscribe: Daily Newsletter

 

Man electrocuted by charging iPhone

0 comments

Putting his iPhone on to charge next to his bed while he was sleeping almost cost a man his life.
Wiley Day, based in Alabama, US, went to bed with his iPhone plugged in at his bedside. The net morning, as he was getting up, his neck chain became entangled at the charger’s connector prongs which had come loose from an extension cord.
The electricity passed through Day’s chain, throwing him out of bed and causing third-degree burns to his neck, and to his hands from where he wrenched the chain off his neck.
It seems that the current could just as easily have killed Day.
This isn’t the first time people have been electrocuted by charging cell phones.