Rubrik has announced the landmark 4.0 Alta release of its Cloud Data Management platform, which provides instant application availability anytime, anywhere regardless of infrastructure.
Anton Jacobsz, MD of Networks Unlimited, an authorised distributor of Rubrik in Africa, notes: “As enterprises migrate applications to the cloud, the need for a cloud-scale application data management platform becomes critically important for the protection and management of data, independent of the original infrastructure. With this announcement, our customers throughout Africa truly have a single platform for application availability — for any app, anywhere.”Rubrik Alta, the company’s ninth and most significant release to date, features support for the key modern operating environments in the enterprise, including: VMware, Hyper-V, AHV; physical environments such as Linux and Windows; and AWS, Azure and private clouds. Features of Rubrik Alta include:
* New Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV support rounds out coverage of key physical and virtual environments for the modern enterprise;
* New native Oracle support and instant recovery of physical SQL deliver consumer-grade simplicity, unprecedented backup performance, Ransomware security, and instant application availability;
* For applications, Alta delivers rich support for physical or virtualised Oracle and SQL;
* For application mobility or disaster recovery, Alta introduces CloudOn intelligent instantiation across data centres and clouds; and
* New Microsoft Hyper-V for virtualised operating environments.Jacobsz says: “Alta facilitates the protection and management of any environment, whether virtual, physical or cloud.
With the introduction of Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV Hypervisor, Rubrik Alta rounds out support for the key modern operating environments in the enterprise.”Jacobsz notes further that Alta introduces new application-aware data protection and management for enterprise apps. He clarifies, “Rubrik Alta introduces support for physical Oracle and adds live mount recovery capability for physical SQL. For application owners, Rubrik brings consumer-grade simplicity, unprecedented backup performance, Ransomware security, and instant application availability.”From a cloud archive and data services (search, manage, restore) perspective, across on-premise and cloud, Rubrik Alta dramatically extends the capacity of Rubrik Cloud Data Management even further. Jacobsz explains, “Now, enterprises that protect and manage virtual machine images can use Alta’s new CloudOn services to power-on applications in AWS, using Alta’s intelligent AMI configuration and translation services. This new feature creates maximum flexibility for disaster recovery, test/ development, and analytics use cases.” Jacobsz concludes: ” Rubrik is a leader in defining the large, emerging market for cloud data management, delivering a solution that allows companies to recover, manage, and secure data across public and private clouds. This Alta launch expands Rubrik’s offering in the enterprise market to all major physical and virtual environments and applications.”