NetApp has announced ONTAP 9.5, MAX Data, StorageGRID SG6060, NetApp Solution Support for FlexPod, and Flash Performance Guarantee.
These new data services and solutions further extend the NetApp Data Fabric across edge, core, and cloud and enable organisations to realize the promise of artificial intelligence.
According to a report from Gartner, AI will be one of the five most important investment priorities for more than 30% of CIOs by 2020, and IDC reports that nearly 75% of developers will build AI functionality into their apps.
However, even though businesses plan to use AI to create new and innovative business opportunities fueled by diverse, distributed, and dynamic data, they often find that their most valuable data is trapped in siloes, hampered by complexity and too costly to harness for resource-intensive AI applications.
“With the speed and volume of data now generated and managed across IoT devices and sensors, on-premises data centers, and in hybrid cloud environments, having a Data Fabric that spans edge, core, and cloud is essential to AI success,” says Joel Reich, executive vice-president: storage systems and software at NetApp.
“With today’s new data services and solutions, integrated through the NetApp Data Fabric, organizations can accelerate data pipelines across an entire enterprise to train deep learning models and power AI applications with the simplicity, choice, and scale necessary to achieve real impact.”
NetApp ONTAP 9.5 software helps companies modernise their data services with solutions that deliver leading cloud integration, the highest all-flash performance, and greater efficiency and simplicity.
NetApp ONTAP 9.5 software:
* Delivers versatility that offers high performance and consistent low latency, accelerating critical workloads with industry-leading end-to-end NVMe capabilities.
* Unifies data management across storage environments — flash, disk, and cloud.
* Automates tiering of petabyte-scale datasets to object stores in the cloud or on the premises.
* Reduces deployment costs for multisite business continuity solutions.
* Accelerates read performance with cached data sets within a cluster and at remote sites.
* Increases storage efficiency savings by up to 15% for relational database applications.
* Radically increases performance by auto-tiering data between AFF systems and NetApp MAX Data on servers.
MAX Data allows customers to turbo charge their application performance without rewrites to application code. MAX Data is the industry’s first solution to leverage persistent memory in servers to deliver memory-like ultra-low latency and flash-like capacity.
* Accelerates performance of application-level data, enabling faster processing of data for AI applications and realtime data analytics.
* Speeds application data recovery with data protection services for persistent memory in servers.
* Improves efficiency by using fewer servers to achieve similar or better performance.
* Leverages all the data management capabilities of NetApp ONTAP.
NetApp offers the industry’s first latency guarantee that allows customers to consume AI applications with the confidence of predictable low latency. Unparalleled in the industry, the performance guarantee offers consistent latency of 500 ms or less and enables businesses to reduce cost and risk by deploying flash with confidence.
NetApp StorageGRID SG6060:
* Flash-accelerated object storage addresses the needs of high-performance, high-concurrency workloads for IoT, big data analytics, and machine learning environments.
* Combined with ONTAP FabricPool capabilities, customers now have best-in-class data management capabilities while harnessing the value of object storage economics.
NetApp Solution Support for FlexPod:
* The single-point-of-contact support team has expertise across the key components of the entire solution — storage, storage network, compute, compute OS, LAN networking, and hypervisor.
* NetApp Solution Support also includes NetApp Converged System Advisor (CSA) software, which simplifies the customer’s operations and lifecycle management of FlexPod. The CSA superior monitoring and management with a single-pane view of the system’s health helps reduce time to resolution for support incidents.