Our client, a multi award winning company based in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town, offers various hosting solutions to over 40,000 customers.
Voted on more than one occasion as a Best Employer in South Africa, our clients is both customer and employee centric, priding themselves on operating with integrity and delivering on promises.
Rapidly expanding they are looking for a Software Developer.
As Software Developer, you will form part of a team that will be responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of in-house developed and 3rd party web applications, providing innovative tools to the power user, ensuring a seamless, intuitive hosting experience to our customers.
– Continually drive process and technical improvements within the development team
– In collaboration with the Product Owner and stakeholders, understand the needs of the customer in order to deliver innovative, robust solutions
– Participate in all aspects of the software development process
– Integrate 3rd party applications into the hosting environment
– BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science will be advantageous, however your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the web technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.
– A high level of proficiency in the following:
– Web development (Ruby, Python or PHP – cross skilling may be required)
– Database design and performance tuning (MySQL or similar)
– Software development within the Linux/Unix environment
– Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration, pair programming)
– Object oriented development
– Linux systems administration skill will be an advantage
– Working with an API
In return for your expertise they offer free web hosting, a fantastic office environment, 18 days paid leave, life insurance disability cover, funeral benefits, a retirement plan and medical aid. In addition you’ll enjoy flexible working hours, and 4 months maternity leave.