Mid/Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Contact: Alex Colbeck
Email: <a href="mailto:(email address)” rel=”nofollow”>(email address)
I am currently working with an exciting payment software and support company based in Cape Town, South Africa. With a focus on enabling online payments through a variety of methods they work with various technologies across the full opensource space.
With technology continuously advancing, they use the latest technologies within the security, development and Cloud environments enabling them to be a market leader providing the very best and quickest service to clients from a number of different industries
We are looking for a mid – senior DevOps engineer with experience across the Opensource stack.
Ideally the role will be based in the Infrastructure space and a key requirement will systems engineering and administration of Linux operating systems such as RedHat, Ubuntu and CentOS. You will be the link between development and operations and will therefore work in multiple areas throughout the project from helping script to testing.
The specific requirements are flexible, but the key factors are:
- High level of proficiency in Linux based Operating systems
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as: Bash, Python, PHP or Perl.
- Proven IaC experience in one of: SaltStack, Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
- Database exposure to: MySql, Maria or Percona.
- NoSql DBs.pub/sub and Key/Value stores: Redis/mongo.
- Networking experience: Hypervisors and storage networks.
- Storage exposure: Glusterfs/Ceph/LizardFs and Buckets.
- Queus (AMQP)
Also beneficial is:
- Cloud Infrastructure exposure to AWS OR GCP
- Containers (Docker + Kubernetes)
- Pipelines (Jenkins/Gitlab Ci)
- Cyber security or Infrastructure security exposure
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV to <a href="mailto:(email address)” rel=”nofollow”>(email address). Alternatively if you have any questions call (contact number) to schedule a call back.
Nigel Frank International Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft recruitment firm globally, advertising more Microsoft jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners and End Users throughout Africa and the Globe and we have never had more live requirement jobs for Microsoft Infrastructure and Cloud professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the market I have built relationships with key employers in South Africa and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Cloud and Infrastructure jobs are.