An innovative investment firm needs an Integration Developer to help build their next generation of applications. As a team, you will apply best practices in DevOps, architecture, solution design, scaling and testing. 3 Yrs Developing experience in Scala, Java, C++, Python or Go as well as RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices and SQL Server experience is required.
- Analyse and design new features
- Write elegant robust code
- Write unit, integration and acceptance tests for all components
- Write build and deployment automation scripts
- Improve and optimize the performance of existing systems
- Troubleshoot and root-cause errors
- Mentor other developers
- Deliver features timeously
- Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information
- Systems or related technical discipline
- Proficiency in modern microservices programming language such as Go, Scala, Java or Python.
- Proficiency in a database technology such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or
- PostgreSQL and Object-relational mapping
- Since we are a multi-technology environment, knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms are a necessity
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing
- Strong software design skills
- Experience in distributed computing and building enterprise-wide systems
- At least 3 years’ worth of professional development experience
- Proficiency in message queueing technology such as RabbitMQ
- Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices knowledge/experience
- Functional programming knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types and deal with conflict in an effective way
- Ability to work individually and with teams within an Agile context
- Experience in influencing best practices within teams
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to (email address) and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.