A dynamic investment firms seeks a meticulous & self-driven BI Developer who is passionate about data-driven systems to join its team. Your role will entail developing new and supporting existing integration and reporting solutions which will include testing and deployment. The ideal candidate must possess a Degree/Diploma in Information Science or related technical discipline, have at least 5 years’ SQL including Stored Procedures, UDFs, T-SQL, performance tuning and optimization, RDBMS, error handing & logging, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI and able to interact with business users to understand requirements and produce effective solutions. Please note this is an Employement Equity position.
- Work as part of a larger IT team using the Scrum methodology.
- Interact with business users, Business Analysts and other developers to understand user requirements.
- Develop integration solutions using T-SQL and other vendor integration tools.
- ETL development to load Data warehouse.
- Maintain existing SSRS report definitions to present the data.
- Support existing integration and reporting solutions in the production environment by analysing problems reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
- Testing and deployment of new development.
- Degree or Diploma in Information Science or related technical discipline.
- 5-8 Years SQL experience (Stored Procedures, UDF’s, T-SQL, performance tuning and optimization, RDBMS, error handling and logging, etc.) is essential.
- Data integration, validation and reconciliation (SSIS or similar).
- Expert knowledge of reporting technologies (SSRS, PowerBI or similar)
- Working experience with relational and dimensional database structures.
- Interacting with business users to understand requirements and producing solutions.
- Knowledge of financial concepts and terms and interested in attending courses to improve business knowledge.
- Financial Services industry experience.
- Exposure to PostgreSQL.
- Experience working in AWS Cloud implementation.
- Creating and maintaining cubes (SSAS).
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Problem Solving.
- Willing to take initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deal with pressure.
- Can work effectively as part of a diverse team and cross-train with team members.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Learn more/Apply for this position