A well-established and leading manufacturing company supplying Plastic Packaging to the Dairy, Food and Beverage industries requires the above to effectively set up, maintain and repair machines to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of machinery.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Minimum2years’ experienceas a Technician is required.
- The successful candidate must be computer literate.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work independently.
- Must be prepared to work shift and overtime.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The successful candidate must have attention to detail as well as good timekeeping is essential.
- Must understand Compression and InjectionMoulding processes and parameters to ensure that processes are right.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility complies with all health and safety regulations and procedures as well as compliance with all HACCP and ISO rules and regulations.
- Supervising packers and operators and ensuring they are completing tasks in an effective and responsible manner.
- Communicating relevant and pertinent information to all shift employees and the shift Supervisor.
- Scheduling maintenance as per the maintenance program as well as creating breakdown job cards as required.
- Ensuring that shift handover is done in accordance with the shift handover procedure.
- Ensuring accurate recording and reporting of all shift related events as well as ensuring job cards are completed as per the breakdown and maintenance procedure.
- Ensuring that all shift documentation is completed while on shift and filed in the relevant files.
- Carrying out process changes when required within a reasonable time limit as well carrying out colour changes and conducting product start-ups.
- Ensuring that all products conform to customer specifications before it is moved to the next operation, as well as that all production conforms to product specifications.
- Ensure that quality inspections are performed at required intervals, as well as the implementation of preventative action with the Shift Supervisor.
Salary package, including benefits, is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.