Procure a range of products to meet the business objectives of sales, profit, quality and availability. The Buyer should be motivated by building effective relationships and achieving financial targets.
- Managing currency, promotions and catalogues across the 6 independent countries we operate in.
- Establish a commercially viable product range and manage the implementation thereof.
- Drive market related price management
- Develop collaborative, mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and other key stakeholders.
- Liaise with marketing, sales management and space planning to maximise sales.
- Manage and report on all financial indicators and expenses.
- Develop and implement pricing & margin strategies while applying an understanding of customer price perception, impacts on KVIs and competitor pricing.
- Negotiate standard cost prices and promotional cost prices with Suppliers and integrate with Sales Management to draw up and implement an improved promotional activity and related margin structures
- Launch of meal deals and product extensions
- Give input to Category and Supplier strategies.
- Give input to the planning and forecasting of products and ranges.
- Monitor and react to industry and international trends.
- Manage the opening of new suppliers in each country due to legislated trade prohibitions
- Suppliers require closer oversight and adherence to PO and delivery processes with the introduction of multi-currency 2
- Manage the Buyer’s Assistant.
- Relevant commercial degree/diploma.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Buying/Commercial experience in the FMCG industry.
- Proven sourcing and supplier management experience. Ability to Integrate and collaborate is key.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate and deliver the category operating plans as well as key business projects.
- Proven analytical ability to process data, identify trends and implement directive action.
- Strong EQ and the ability to work under pressure.
- Proven experience in managing a Foods/FMCG department.
- Knowledge of store operations, customer profiles, locations & competitors.
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts, processes and systems.
- Strong integrator across the Matrix teams with proven leadership and people management skills, as well as the ability to coach and mentor junior team members.
- Proven ability to deliver the following category KPI’s:
- Market share targets
- Sales growth (like for like)
- Margin management (percentage and cash)
- People measure: understand diversity and manage a team
- Supplier performance
- Manage New Product Development sales targets and identify category opportunities
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Closing Date: 17 November 2020
- As per job advert