This role forms part of a team of Data Management specialists that implement, govern and manage master, reference and metadata across the business units. The primary role is initiating and implementing projects/ initiatives to support Data Management in the organisation by applying data analyses, data profiling, data harmonising through collection systems and other strategies that optimize data operations and quality. Support operations by monitoring and analysing master data, key data, and data relationships within the group, especially between business and the technical teams. Implements and maintains decision support and data management solutions. Leverage appropriate databases and information to ensure accuracy of data.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION/PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION:
- Membership in a Data Management society, such as DAMA, SAP Special Interest Group will be an advantage.
- 3-year diploma (NQF Level 6)
- Business Analyst certification will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years data/ project management experience within a business environment.
- Candidate must be assertive, diplomatic and be able to handle a large amount of pressure.
- Highly self-motivated and committed
- effective and supportive team member
- able to work flexibly, quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Must possess tolerance for dealing with ambiguity.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to function independently.
- Extensive, advanced computer skills including use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- A detailed understanding of business processes is necessary, specifically, how processes integrate cross-functionally.
- Ability to listen and communicate assertively (succinct, relevant and generous), both verbally and in writing
- excellent verbal and written communications
JOB DESCRIPTION SKILLS:
- Ability to organise workload, and the capacity to manage a range of tasks and projects at one time.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to maintain a very low error [URL Removed] Process Optimization
- Streamline and standardize business processes with constant improvement
- Ensure quality output, supported by systems, templates and work instructionsCommunication to Business & Team
- Communicate all relevant information to business, stewards and team
- Attend and actively participate in cross- functional team and data forum meetings, seminars and conferences, ensuring positive outcomes
- Knowledge sharing and training to ensure all users are adequately informedCost Management
- Minimize all operational and support expenses
- Introduce innovative ways to curb costReporting
- Perform monthly and ad hoc reporting and reconciliations
- Address exceptionsProject Management
- Identify strategic enterprise data needs
- Initiate, plan and manage Data Management Projects, Initiatives & Services
- Identify required resources and teams and assign individual responsibilities
- Delegate, motivate and evaluate the project at regular intervals
- Liaise between technical teams, data management operations and business users
- Reference & Master DataBusiness Analytics
- Collect, manipulate and analyse data and assess requirements from a business perspective related to applications and systems
- Understand the environment and role players in support of data management decisions
CORE COMPETENCIES: FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Architecting Integration Solutions
- Business Acumen
- Client Service Management
- Data Management Processes, Procedures, Legislation
- Computer Literacy
- Financial Acumen
- Understands Business Ethics and Values
- Computer Software
- Big picture thinking
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Conflict management
- Critical Thinking; Problem Solving
- Facilitation; Negotiation
- Project Management
- Time and Priority Management
- Conceptualisation ability
ATTITUDES/ LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Organisational alertness
- Customer excellence orientation
- Deadline driven
- Results focused
Desired Qualification Level: