An established Retail / Fast-Food Group, based in the Eastern Cape, seeks to employ a Local Store Marketer. The purpose of the position is to assist and provide support to the operations department in the development, coordination and implementation of marketing programs that support sales and increase brand awareness. This position will create, maintain and strengthen the brand through marketing, campaigns and reaching audiences through social media channels.
– Completed tertiary qualification, within Marketing / related field
– Knowledge of restaurant/retail industry
– Experience dealing with franchisees and/or multi-unit operators.
– Working knowledge of marketing and communications fundamentals
Key Performance Areas:
Local Store Marketing (LSM):
– Develop store-specific marketing programs that “grow sales” by introducing frequency, target new guests and guest check building ideas at the local level that support our overall marketing initiatives
– Develop and implement innovative system wide sales contests and quarterly LSM calendar of initiatives to drive sales and behavior, when applicable
– Gathering, reporting, and sharing of marketing best practices
– Develop & Manage all aspects of LSM Tool Kit, including program overviews, creative, on-line ordering, logistics and sales reporting
– Coordinate fulfilment process of Local Store Marketing materials
– Maintain brand standards and creative guidelines
– Manage all marketing input requests from franchisor
– Conduct periodic restaurant visits to inspect and improve restaurants marketing materials
– Build brand awareness within the communities of each restaurant
– Build strong relationships with stakeholders which will drive the businesses catering platform
– Conduct periodic restaurant visits to obtain valuable customer feedback on restaurant operations.
– Consolidate customer feedback into a well-presented format for the operations team to utilize to improve service levels.
Knowledge and Skills required:
– Excellent communication and presentation skills.
– Clearly communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of both internal and external personnel.
– Demonstrated creative, writing and editing skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
– Strong team player – the role will interact with a number of cross functional teams.
– Strong time management and organizational skills
– Ability to exercise good judgment
– Deliver solutions that are creative and practical
– Ability to solve business problems strategically and intuitively take advantage of market opportunities
– Ability to motivate and able to work closely with business partners
– Ability to analyze market data and research and develop plans that leverage key findings and opportunities
– Proven experience in developing strategic marketing plans to achieve specific business objectives and company goals
– Knowledge of consumer behaviors and key communication drivers that can affect the business
– Ability to excel under tight deadline pressure.
– Gather marketing materials from competitive companies in the field and make recommendations
– Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Integrity and ethics – builds trust and follows through on commitments.
– Flexible and capable of adapting to different roles in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
– Self-motivated and able to work independently without continuous supervision.
– Ability to multi-task and take responsibility for producing measurable results within deadlines.
– Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability and desire to assume increased responsibility.