Dolf Snyman, CA Southern Africa, BU Lead: Broadcom Mainframe Solutions, explains how mastering the increasingly complex hybrid and multi-cloud IT architecture – inclusive of the mainframe – is fundamental to business success.
The difficulty lies in ensuring that all systems and data, work in concert to drive commercial success. In short, it’s a matter of intelligent operations management with an ethos of ‘work smarter’, not harder.
Digital Transformation Acceleration with Mainframe
Success in the digital economy requires architecting the mainframe to be an integrated and agile platform within a changing IT landscape.
IT operations are the backbone of every business and are key to delivering the innovation required to achieve digital transformation. However, traditional methods of sifting through data or manually solving and resolving issues are no longer good enough.
Through the application of machine learning to the management of IT operations, enterprises can speed service delivery, increase IT efficiency, drive innovation, lower costs, and deliver a consistently superior user experience.
Bringing together data, machine learning and automation lies at the heart of how CA Southern Africa is helping businesses to optimise mainframe operations, identify issues before they become a problem, proactively provide actionable insights and ultimately, manage a self-healing system.
Research reveals that 85% of IT organisations surveyed agree that CA Mainframe Management solutions improved their ability to proactively prevent issues.
The following recommendations aim to enable you to optimise your mainframe ops:
* Embrace Open – Leverage an open-first approach and API-empowered strategy to break down silos and fuel developer-driven innovation, plus value.
* Enhance Your Cloud – Make your mainframe part of your mainstream cloud for a better cloud – more: connected; powerful; and efficient, as well as more secure than ever before.
* Enable Enterprise Innovation – Accelerate new market opportunities, outpace competitors, and deliver excellence in client experience with DevOps, Security and AIOps on Mainframe. CA mainframe security solutions provide a high level of confidence that access to sensitive data is secured and properly managed.
Are you architecting your mainframe for success?
Hybrid IT is tasked with having to continuously innovate to meet the demands of modern consumers while simultaneously reducing costs–the ultimate balancing act.
IT leaders need to effectively integrate disparate data and systems, empower users, and maximise resources to achieve this goal.
Partnering with life cycle partners is critical in the following areas:
* DevOps and Application Development
* Enterprise Security and Compliance
* Intelligent Operations and Management.
DevOps and application development
Modernise your mainframe through DevOps. DevOps has proven to be a game-changer for IT organisations, but has it worked for your mainframe platform?
CA helps you extend DevOps practices to mainframe with solutions like CA Brightside – the first cross-enterprise DevOps solution designed for teams to control, script, and develop for the mainframe like any other cloud platform.
By increasing process velocity and product quality, we help you succeed in a DevOps-focused world.
Build a DevOps lifecycle that encompasses:
* Enterprise security and compliance
* Secure data without locking it down.
* Mainframes–while the most secure platform ever built–are not impervious to cyber threats and regulatory mishaps.
65% of consumers lose trust in a breached organisation
In the era of Big Data and Big Regulation, enterprises are increasingly focused on establishing and sophisticating their security and compliance strategies.
Cross-enterprise data security and compliance – inclusive of the mainframe – must protect business-critical data, drive productivity and enhance the enterprise’s overall digital profile.
Take advantage of the leading mainframe security product portfolio from Broadcom – -from threat detection to privileged access management–to effectively secure the enterprise.