GIBB Mining, subsidiary of GIBB, is a multi-disciplinary engineering design and project management enterprise, specialising in innovative and sustainable techno-economic holistic solutions for mining projects, from concept stage to commissioning and handover. Here you will find an environment conducive to helping you make the most of your abilities and skills. GIBB Mining is looking for another talented professional to complement their team, in the form of a Graduate/Junior Engineer. We welcome your application if you believe you meet the requirements for this position.
Core Purpose of the Job:
Mechanical inputs, designs and calculations as required for various mechanical studies and designs. Construction supervision and site visits. Perform preliminary analysis of mechanical systems. Provide information to designers and draughtmen. Ensure conformance of proposal to Client requirements.
Key Performance Areas:
- Perform and check detailed design in accordance with appropriate standards and specifications.
- Effectively convey current progress and problems on a project, together with the required solutions.
- Ensure that works is executed and constructed to the drawings and specifications.
- Monitor progress of construction and ensure project built to specifications.
- Equipment selection and recommendation after detail option consideration.
- Preparation of equipment data sheets and technical packs.
- Obtain vender pricing for estimates and budgets.
- Compile Technical Reports including technical adjudication reports
- Review of drawing office work for accuracy.
- Ensure work performed is in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.
- Provide technical input to proposals as directed
- Review and update project and/or proposal schedules in MSP or PRIMAVERA P6
- BSc/BTech Mechanical Engineering
- 0 – 4 years post graduation experience
- Technical Report Writing experience
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Analytical-, problem solving- and critical thinking skills
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Sound judgement- and decision making skills
- Customer focus
- Team player
- Self motivated
- Commercial Acumen.
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels of staff
- Mechanical Engineering
- Technical Report Writing
Desired Qualification Level: