MINIMUM SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Trade Tested as a Millwright.
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in a manufacturing/plant environment is essential – light to medium equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with Welding argon ARC/Co2, Hydraulics, Boilers, Pneumatics, Conveyors, Gearboxes, Variable Speed Drives, Overhead Gantries, Steam Applications, Lubricating Systems and CNC Machines
- Knowledge of light to medium equipment, PLC knowledge will be advantageous
- Must have own tools
BEHAVIOURAL DIMENSIONS REQUIRED
- Attention to detail/Accuracy
- Time-management and promptness
- Personal accountability and commitment
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- (but not limited to)
- Maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair mechanical elements of equipment to minimize equipment and facility downtime.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on plant & equipment
- Attending to machine breakdowns
- Installation of new plant & Equipment
- Ensuring that plant & equipment conforms to legislative requirements including the OHSACT
- Training and mentoring unskilled artisans
- Operating a Lathe
- Diagnostic & Fault finding
- Ability to read schematic drawings
- Prepared to work overtime & perform standby duties
- Implement and maintain maintenance SOP’s.
- Maintain the calibration system of all equipment and utilities within the facility.
- Ensuring compliance with the organisation’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of equipment is maintained
- attention to detail
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level:
- Grade 12 / Matric
About The Employer:
A manufacturing company that manufacturers a product for the retail industry
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund