LONDON BASDED ROLE- NICKEL DIGITAL WILL PROVIDE UK WORK PERMIT
Nickel Digital is a London-based investment manager. We are a small team of experienced finance professionals trading in the crypto domain, where each team member directly contributes to the success of the company.
Risk management is critical to the performance of Nickel’s funds.
Based in our London office (St James’s Street close to Piccadilly or Green Park Tube Stations) the Risk Manager will be report to the CEO and be responsible for:
- Providing full risk management oversight of the firm’s funds to the CEO.
- Ensuring complete compliance with all Nickel’s risk management guidelines
- Designing and implementing a risk management framework for Nickel’s three funds including an analysis of the counterparty and supplier risks
- Performing ongoing risk assessments: Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
- Preparing, checking and publishing daily and monthly risk reports
- Analysing and devising strategies to reduce major portfolio risks including exchange counterparty credit risk
- Liaising with 3rd party service providers including the funds’ administrators, auditors, custodians, and lawyers
- Working with the Middle Office to Improve existing procedures, including the automation and documentation of processes and controls
- Liaising with the Portfolio Management System provider and using the system to produce position, exposure and other risk reports
Required Skills & Experience
- University level degree in maths, statistics, science or engineering
- Minimum 5 years buy side / hedge fund experience essential
- Knowledge of financial risk management concepts and practice
- Strong numeric and analytical skills especially in statistics
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (competent with Pivot tables and V-Look ups) & Macros/VB
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to engage openly and challenge senior management
- Demonstrable experience resolving risk management issues
- Experience with producing risk reports from Arbor portfolio management (or any other) system will be an advantage
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies and understanding blockchains is an advantage
- Market competitive salary
- Year-end Bonus & Incentive based on Individual & Company performance
- 25 days Annual leave + UK bank holidays
- Tier 2 UK Work Permit provided ( can be converted to Leave to Remain in 5 years)
- Health insurance and other benefits
- Mentoring, Training & Career Development Plan
To know more about Nickel Digital visit us on [URL Removed]
Nickel is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any grounds
This is a position directly with Nickel Digital Asset Management.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Risk Management
- Risk Analysis
- hedge fund
- financial risk management
- communication skills.
- Excel Advanced
About The Employer:
Nickel Digital Asset Management is an investment manager connecting traditional finance with the digital assets market. The firm deploys highly sophisticated low-latency algorithmic trading, pursuing a range of arbitrage strategies in both spot and derivative markets, as well as a range of directional buy-and-hold products. All funds are designed with institutional clients in mind. We apply strict transparency and execution efficiency criteria across our solutions, with a commitment to maintain market-leading standards for the crypto industry.