Job Advert Summary
We are currently looking for a Technician. Reporting to the Technical Manager (ESS), the Security Technician is responsible for tasks associated with the installation of Access Control, CCTV and Intrusion Systems.
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Skills and Competencies
• Risk management: experienced in identification, assessment and management of project risks
• Delivering results: ability to plan and organise self and work in order to achieve objectives and targets
• Capable of training, supervising and managing staff in project management environment.
• Proven track record of delivering projects within defined timelines under high pressure
• Occupational Health and Safety act
• SQL database
• Project budgeting and reporting
• Experience in a senior position in the security services industry will be required
• Basic IP skills and competence is essential for network and device set-up and commissioning.
• Fault finding skills will be required to identify and isolate failure cause and accurate corrective action
• Management of on-site stock, procurement of replacement stock will be required
• Excellent communication
• Ability to write accurate reports and put together an action plan
• Ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation
• Health and Safety legislation
• Planning and Project Management knowledge
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Basic Networking Knowledge
• Basic Electronics
• Access Control, CCTV and Alarm Systems
• Electric Fences
• Organizational and leadership skills
• Fault finding
• At least 5 years in the role of a Technician
• Matric or an equivalent qualification
• PSIRA Registration
• Valid Driver’s license
Duties and Responsibilities
• The primary focus is to maintain IP based CCTV, Saflec access control systems and other security infrastructure, such as electric fence, booms, gates and alarms.
• Manage up time and availability of security systems
• Conduct corrective maintenance tasks from time-to-time as and when they arise.
• Support installation of small and minor installation work
• Oversee and manage installation of major works and partake when and where required
• Update and maintain all system related documentation (including as-built drawings, system diagrams, etc.)
• Repair / maintain Saflec SQL data base
Preconstruction Services support:
• Conduct preventative maintenance tasks on a scheduled basis to ensure system is upheld to operational standard.
• The Technical Specialist is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating daily tasks according to predetermined timelines.
• Reporting to the relevant sponsor and ensuring quality control throughout life cycles are central to this position.
• Preparing and complete daily tasks
• Assisting the estimating department during plan review
• Delineating project requirement and general conditions
• Knowledge of the industry and a clear understanding of what is required to maintain system availability;
• Knowledge of existing VMS systems such as Bosch,Hikvision, Axis, Avigilon, Cathexis etc. will be required;
• Attention to detail and administrative accuracy (Daily and monthly reporting, etc.)