- Software Development
- QA & Testing
- Team and Collaboration
- Design and Architecture
Software Development –
- Where applicable, perform detailed analysis on new features, and develop technical specifications and design documents.
- Translate software requirements into concise and robust code by developing, maintaining and supporting effective solutions. This includes process and system design, development, and
- testing of own code.
- Use common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Use your knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Use your knowledge of containerisation to create and maintain Docker containers.
- Apply your knowledge to primary systems based on NodeJS, Express, React, Redux, Typescript, Webpack.
- Interact with and develop against MongoDB as the primary database.
- Interact with PostgreSQL as a secondary database.
- Interact and contribute to an ElasticSearch cluster.
- Interact with secondary systems built with Angular/Angular JS.
QA & Testing –
- Assist QA and Support departments by debugging and fixing bugs on an ongoing basis.
- Unit Testing of all working code.
Team and Collaboration –
- Contribute to the team by mentoring Junior Developers on specific systems & processes, as well as best development practices, processes, and technologies.
- Continually strive to improve personal and team productivity through contributing improvements to processes and systems.
Design and Architecture –
- Develop technical aspects according to project specifications.
- Adhere to software development standards and processes along with industry best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software.
- Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules and supervise project status against project deadlines.
- Follow in0house development processes, which includes working closely with Product Management, and the QA
- 3-Year Degree in IT / Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable institution with Software Development as a main focus in the programme.
- 3+ Years’ experience in widely adopted programming languages and browser scripting languages.
- Unit Testing
- Exposure to Agile Project Management processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- HTML5 and CSS
- Strong ethical principles.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to work in a team.
- Good mentorship skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.