Our client, a global Investment Manager is looking to hire an Institutional Business Development Analyst to assist with developing and maintaining exceptional client communications through pitches/ tenders, due diligences and report backs. This role will work closely with the Investment and Client Service teams and will play an integral part in acquiring and retaining client mandates, by creating a narrative through the use of market and fund performance data.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Working closely with portfolio managers and senior management in preparing client presentations for all mandate types. Presentation types include: due diligence, report back, new client tender, investor forums, trustee training, webinars etc.
- Preparation and development of the presentation framework and content as well as the maintenance of relevant spreadsheets and graphs.
- Interact with Front Office (Investment Team) members. Manage and execute all portfolio managers and senior management’s presentation requests, including but not limited to fund performance and information, market movements, specific mandate changes, market valuation charts and marketing events where they may present.
- Liaise and maintain internal relationships with various departments to source all relevant information.
- Liaise with Institutional Client Managers (ICM) to ensure all presentation requirements, content and logistical information is received and communicated to the presenters.
- Responsible for presentation logistics, equipment requirements, scheduling, venue booking, parking and printing booklets.
- Assist ICM with any queries/ requests – opportunity does exist to sit in on certain client report backs.
- Responsible for all presentation logistics, equipment requirements, scheduling, venue booking, parking and printing booklets.
- Point of contact to internal clients / responsible for dealing with client queries / requests.
- Assist with checking and preparing monthly / quarterly reports.
- Management of the questionnaire and tender document process including maintenance of standard templates, project / deadline management, assistance with completion of documents, follow-ups and correspondence.
- Assist with client correspondence.
An appropriate tertiary education (preferably commercial qualification) with a good understanding of economics, investment markets and investment products
- · At least 5 years’ experience in asset management / financial services industry
- · MS Office, in particular PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- · Solid experience in IRESS, Bloomberg and I-Net Bridge
- · Experience in the production of client communication material and client reporting
Key competencies required
- Attention to detail / high levels of accuracy
- Client-centric disposition and impeccable service standards
- Ability to maintain high levels of productivity
- Ability to work to deadlines and occasionally outside regular work hours
- Strong planning and coordinating skills and good time management
- Tolerance for stress – able to work under stressful situations
- Confident / assertive / good verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with high levels of initiative
- A team player and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Numerical skills
- Good communication skills, both in oral and written form
- Professional business writing skills
- A willingness to continuously learn