Our client, a leading name in the mining industry seeks a dynamic IT Analyst to join their team, based in Johannesburg with lots of travel to Madagascar. The successful incumbent will report to the ERP IT Program Manager.
The purpose of the role:
The IT Technical & functional Subject Matter Expert is to provide his/her functional and technical proficiencies for the new ERP implementation project, in order to ensure its successful implementation and a smooth migration from the current ERPs to the new one. He/she is to lead all activities required by and related to all the life cycle of the new ERP, and is to work in conjunction with all Business SMEs related to his/her functional domain.
The IT Technical SME is a key position as this position requires an outstanding expertise of its specific domain, as well as their application within the new ERP. He/she is key to succeed for ERP implementation by supporting, overseeing and conducting all changes related to business processes within the new ERP. He/she understands, articulates and implements best practices related to his/her functional domain.
The IT technical SME is key to secure the ERP implementation by ensuring the communication between the Business and ERP implementation team. The IT Technical SME is actively conducting requirements gathering and validation, product/processes design, technical developments, testing and products deployment.
The IT technical SME is a critical role to leverage all return of investment by ensuring an optimized socialization, training and overseeing Change within Business Process post ERP implementation.
This role is also responsible for administration and maintenance of IT Solutions documentation including (but not limited to) standards, policies, processes, procedures, templates and forms related to his/her domain.
The IT Technical SME is a critical role by conducting the key milestones related to the Business information as listed below:
- Gathering of all master data in his/her functional area,
- Definition of all reports and key performance indicators,
- Oversight of the historical data clean-up and readiness.
- Conversion and import of the historical data,
The IT Technical SME is a critical role to lead all activities related to the use of the new ERP and its evolution:
- Delivery of all required training materials and training sessions,
- Change management champion,
- Tests (User Acceptance Test) and approvals of deliverables,
- Deployment of all packs and modules into the production environment.
- Knowledge transfer to Business Units,
- Application performance monitoring and improvement strategies,
- Gathering of eventual issues and conducting root cause analysis and troubleshooting in conjunction with the ERP support team,
- Training materials review and update, and training sessions organization when required.
1. Lead all activities related to the implementation of the new ERP project until its successful deployment, with the guidance of the IT Technical Lead SME, including:
- Scoping and readiness,
- Data conversion,
- Products delivery (Go Live),
Post Implementation support and governance control.
Proactively advise and provide recommendations for business processes improvements; as well as their technical implementations within the ERP.
- Actively participate on the production and review of policies, processes, procedures, standards, form templates, operation manuals (or SOP), etc.; ensure as well the standardization, update and improvements of those documents.
- Coordinate activities dispatch and follow up of all stakeholders, including Business Units team, IT team and the ERP vendor consultants and representatives.
- Conduct performance monitoring, data security and integrity review, issue troubleshooting and root cause analysis, end-users training, and reporting production with the new implemented ERP; set performance objectives and determine acceptable and realistic performance levels.
- Maintain customer engagement by conducting investigations, interviews and formal or informal requirements gathering sessions on a regular basis to understand stakeholder needs.
- Serve as first level interface with the new ERP customers regarding activities scheduling, incidents, requests and projects to ensure they are properly recorded, analyzed and implemented.
- Ensure proper reporting to the IT Leadership and the hierarchies by providing insights related to the ERP implementation project; as well as other initiatives and projects execution.
- On demand, represent the ERP project team for any workshops and sessions related to the project.
- Provide recommendations to IT Technical Lead SME; as well as other project team members.
- Oversee and Leadership of Business SME for ERP implementation project.
- Ensure an efficient interface between team and the ERP consultants and representatives.
- Provide Business SMEs team backfill and supplemental support related to ERP implementation as required.
– Expert of Business Process Modeling and analysis,
– Expert of ERP or any Integrated System,
– Expert of Business management fields : Finance, Supply chain, HR, Maintenance, Operation, HSE…
– Expert of Activity Diagrams, State Diagrams and Logical Design Models,
– Able to promote and conduct change ,
– Fluent in English is a main advantage to lead workgroup and oversee all the technical documentations,
– To be meticulous and should have strong logical, analytical and pragmatic skills,
– Very good communication and interpersonal skills, excellent writing and documentation skills,
– Results & customer (Users) satisfaction fully oriented,
Excellent understanding and use of tools associated with the role (e.g. ERP, ETL, Project, Visio…).
Must be willing to travel to Madagascar frequently.
- IT Analyst
- Business Process Modelling
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years Systems Analysis
Desired Qualification Level: