Our Client in the engineering and insurance sector based in Johannesburg is looking for a reputable Legal Litigation Specialist with experience in the insurance industry. The Legal Litigation Specialist must be results orientated and thrive within a high-pressure dynamic environment.
- LLB or Legal Degree
- Over 5 years of legal officer experience
- Handle all legal and litigation insurance issues
- Sound knowledge of claims principles in industry including Claims management
- Actively Manage and oversee start to end claims function of the claims handlers in the division and assist them technically.
- Contribute to the growth and profitability of the Company by providing excellent service and maintaining relationships
- Manage and Organize day to day operations by establishing priorities to ensure registering, handling and settling of claims on Company’s delegated authority and at the same time maintain the standards of the claims department
- Always ensure resourcing is effectively and efficiently in place, to service the workload.
- Controlling of registers, authorization and signing of claims payments, compliance with SLA’s, diary management, quantum, recoveries, salvage and secure proper claims maintenance.
- Assess the claims internally
- Ensure all technical aspects for claims settlement are adhered to
- Negotiate settlement of the claims with all relevant stakeholders
- Authorise payments on large losses.
- Daily diary files to be extracted and dealt with e.g. letters of demand, final notices reminders and follow up assessors’ reports
- Registering claims with the reinsurers/co insurers companies.
- Facultative reinsurance & co-insurance recoveries
- Monitor and periodically review estimates
- Provide weekly feedback to the management team on claims.
- Compile and distribute claims report to the management team
- Monitor trends and unusual claims and prepare risk report for underwriters and senior staff
- Prepare risk reports and claims reports and present to senior managers and Exco periodically.
- Analysis and presentation of management reporting to deliver transparency of claims performance
- against business goals and direct actions for improvement
- Coordinate the claims teams to ensure service delivery
- Auditing outstanding & paid claim files to ensure that all company procedures are followed
- Appointment of assessors & loss adjusters and other experts if necessary
- Accompany loss adjusters on large losses to site where necessary, to assess claims and find a solution to proceed with claims
- Negotiate discounts to reduce costs with repairers, service providers and partners, without compromising quality.
- Attend to Third party claims in terms of the Contractors Third Party Liability cover
- Signing off third-party releases.
- Third Party recoveries.
- Develop and support the delivery of functional strategies, targets, operational plans through consistent, transparent and aligned processes across the business.
- Overseeing its implementation and setting control measures
- Supervision & training of claims staff
- Oversee the development needs of staff
- Set key performance deliverables; allocate work and responsibilities, measure performance
- Ensure delivery of best practice.
- Drive claims improvement
- Find innovative ways to improve the overall claims process
- Direct organisational change decisions within claims functions, directing change activity and engaging with relevant stakeholders to meet the overall objectives of any change programme.
- Motivate, coach, and develop staff to maximise potential and develop desired organisational culture and succession plan.
- Build and maintain relationships and deliver positive perception with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaising in a professional manner with brokers and other insurers in respect of claims aspects
- Following up on regular intervals and provide constructive feedback to brokers and management respond to queries within 24 hours
- Work with different people internally and externally to improve service, efficiency, and improve presentation of information.
- Procure service providers and partners, negotiate costs.
- Actively build, improve and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, i.e. internally and externally.
- Meet with brokers, service providers, partners and other divisions to ensure challenges they may face are addressed.
Kindly be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted