- Manage document and test all backups processes.
- Design manage and document replication processes.
- Configure manage and document all server hardware and software that houses the SQL engines.
- Ensure uptime and optimal health of MS SQL RDMS’S
- Schedule and monitor all SQL jobs.
- Ensure the integrity of all databases.
- Design maintain and audit all security aspects around the SQL Server, logins and the associated applications.
- Proactive engagement with 3rd party vendors pertaining to application databases.
- Form part of the Agile Methodology with specific focus on database standardization.
- Release management of proprietary application databases.
- Cross functional support (BI, Service Delivery, Development and Cyber Security)
- Standby DBA support.
- Minimum of 5 experience in a SQL DBA role
- SQL Database Administration skills
- MS SQL Server [Phone Number Removed];
- Server OS
- MS Azure/ AWS/ Amazon
- SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- SQL Replication
- MCSE Certification
- MSSQL 2012+ preferred
- Degreed in Computer Science/ IT
- Database Administration DBA
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Cape Town company seeks to employ a highly skilled SQL Database Administrator, to commence employment on 1 April 2021 on a 3 year fixed-term Contract.