- Relevant Finance Degree and Credit Management Certificate
- 5 years working experience in similar role.
Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of Accpac/SAGE/SCOUT would be an advantage
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Recognises high standards of customer-focused service delivery
- Keep tracking outstanding debts.
- Plan course of action to recover owed money.
- To retrieve money owed by debtors in as little time as possible (timeframes will be provided)
- Locate and contact debtors by either calling or meeting with them in person, to provide the relative information regarding their outstanding debt and their account status. Emailing only as a last resort and to confirm agreements made verbally.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines and payment plans. Manage agreements in written form.
- Frequently follow-up with calls, letters or messages, as reminders for the clients to pay their accounts immediately or adhere to agreed-upon payment plans
- Update account status and database regularly.
- Periodically report progress to line manager with proposals and suggestions.
- Educate clients about how to avoid making debt and manage it.
- Handle customers’ questions or complaints.
- Identify gaps in the system and recommend solutions.
- Build trust with debtors.
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
- Create weekly report and analysis on Debtors progression
Kindly be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted