- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the strategy for the Asphalt Plant ensuring the plant is operated efficiently and in line with international best practice standards.
- Develop clear and detailed commercial, operations and maintenance plans for the Plant and ensure and efficient integration of workflow across the three functions.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an annual Operational plan for the Plant ensuring efficient quality of the products mix within required budget and schedule.
- Provide input in the Commercial business development plan to assist the Head of Regional Operations to create and maintain a viable Asphalt sales business.
- Develop detailed plans to ensure the development of capacity and capability to ensure that the Plant fully utilised.
- Explore and introduce the latest technology and Asphalt designs ensuring designs are environmentally sensitive and appropriate for use within South Africa.
- Develop training guides for the Commercial, Operations and Maintenance teams ensuring all resources are adequately skilled and enabled to deliver on the strategy and operational plan.
- Design and implement Plant safety procedures incorporating these procedures into the employee training guides and monitoring compliance.
- Contribute to the development of the business strategy and Service Delivery Budget Implementation Plan (SDBIP) to ensure alignment with the City ofJohannesburg’s Growth and Development Strategy (GDS) and strategic priorities.
- Identify, update and manage the strategic and operational risks of the business unit and make inputs to the Operational Risk Register.
- Enforce legislative compliance from business unit perspective
- Provide management reports so that internal and external stakeholders are informed of performance progress and relevant issues of the business unit.
- Monitor and report on risk and mitigation within the business unit.
- B-Tech/ BSc Degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- ECSA Registered
- 10 years’ experience in Operating an Asphalt Plant or Major Plant electrical maintenance environment
- inclusive of 3 years’ supervisory experience.
Desired Work Experience:
- More than 10 years Middle / Department Management
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Employer is within the public sector