We are looking for a mid level Project Manager who will mentor entry-level and junior project managers during their management of projects. You will have the opportunity to contribute to growing the efficiency of the Project Management Office and to offer suggestions in ways to improve the ways of working within the Project Management Office.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Systems engineers and project stakeholders to determine and agree on project scope.
- Ensure roles, responsibilities and deliverables for each project discipline/member are defined.
- Facilitate High-level software design sessions.
- Host project effort estimation sessions
- Define a WBS and create a project plan in MS Project or appropriate tool
- Setup JIRA projects and create Jira tickets to carry out the defined plan
- Define a workflow that suits the project environment and is agreed on by project members
- Project communication of project plans, project meeting minutes, project reporting.
- Facilitate regular project updates with project stakeholder
- Facilitate regular project meetings like daily stand-ups, sprint retrospectives, risk, and issue resolution, change management, status check-ins
- Manage and control of project schedule using JIRA and MS Project
- Demonstrate collaboration with System Engineers, Architects and Team Leads to understand the none functional and quality requirements needed to deliver your project
- Leading and motivating the project team
- Documenting of Software release plans
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering or Information Sciences.
- 4 years of technical Project management experience
- At least 2 years of project management experience in a software development environment
- Project management certification
- Intermediate level of understanding of Agile Principles
- Intermediate level of understanding of SDLC
- Intermediate user of MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications.
- A novice level of Software design principle
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Analytical with strong problem solving abilities.
- Organized, structured with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Assertive, managing boundaries well.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic project environment.
- Be comfortable with constant change.
- Team and people orientated.
- Open and approachable, but firm.
- Want to be measured by your results.
- Not afraid to ask for advice and assistance.
- Not afraid to fail
PLEASE NOTE: This position is based in Cape Town