Our client is known for their specialist knowledge within the mobile technology space. They aim to attract, develop and retain the very best talented individuals who will make a difference to the organisation and live the company’s values.
They are currently looking for an Application Engineer to join their team in Cape Town (*remote employment within South Africa will be considered).
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Implementing advanced app features for projects which require platform expertise and a high level of technical competency;
- Providing early-stage design support to projects to scope the value and risk of complex technical components;
- Developing, documenting, and championing best practices with the company’s field teams for application deployment and release for large projects;
- Providing product feedback and technical requirements to the tech team to inform the design of advanced features for the platform; and,
- Working with the support team to backstop issues requiring in-depth knowledge of the platform.
To apply, you need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/engineering/relevant IT field and 2-5 years’ experience in a professional technical role
5-7 years’ experience in a professional technical role.
You must be able to build an understanding of the scope of a (non-technical) problem and adapt novel technological solutions to it as well as seek out, identify, and interpret unfamiliar technical components (configuration files, HTTP response, etc.) to identify and address problems.
You will have to rely on your strong debugging skills and your aptitude and self-direction to quickly learn new technical systems to succeed in this role.
On the softer side, you need to have strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to coordinate with and work within teams across multiple geographies.
If you want to be part of a team (and company) that is quickly changing the industry and constantly pushing the envelope, then this role is for you!
About The Employer: