EXECUTIVE: CONSUMER AND SMALL BUSINESS PROCUREMENT
Position Type: Permanent
Salary: [URL Removed] – [URL Removed] CTC PA
- Closing Date: 17 March 2021
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS: Attach your answers to your Application:
- Do you have the minimum required qualification/certification/professional registration as specified in the job description?
- Please indicate your qualifications/professional registrations/certifications as referred to in the previous question.
Please ensure that you provide the following details:
- Full name of the qualification/certification/registration
- Name of the institution/registration authority
- Duration of study
- Field of specialisation.
- Do you have the minimum relevant experience as per the job description?
- Please highlight your experience aligned to the job description as per previous question.
- Please explain why you think you are suitable for this specific job role.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Responsible for driving the development of category practices including but not limited to OEM Device Agreements, Accessories Agreements, Contact Centres Agreements, Debt Collection Agreements, Managed Services (DLCM Warehousing/ Retail Operations), PBX Services, SIM Cards, Marketing, Mobile Network Equipment, Call Centre Customer and associated Customer experience infrastructure & support, DLCM supply chain, Exclusive channels, Point of Sale infrastructure and support.
- Overall category and sourcing strategy definition and deployment with a view to maximize total cost of ownership savings and procurement value contribution through effective leadership, in line with the Company Procurement Policy and aligned to Company’s corporate objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain or Commerce or Logistics/ Fleet Management or Business/ Commerce (NQF level 7), preferred a BCom degree.
- 10 years’ experience in the Strategic Sourcing/ Procurement with 3 years specifically related to OEM Device sourcing
- Must have a good understanding of the professional business services/ marketing industry, device OEM market and trends.
- Expert knowledge of professional business services market, suppliers and trends.
- Knowledge of device trends, different OEM#s and market in general.
- Knowledge of Company procurement policy and governance guidelines.
- Knowledge of the Preferential Procurement Framework Act, NDP, NIPC, ICT sector guides and B-BBEE codes.
- Knowledge and experience in complex negotiations, contracts management, business finance and strategic cost management.
- Must have a track record of building and managing long term internal and external business relationships.
- A visionary leader with the force of personality to lead and inspire his/her procurement team and succeed in a fast changing and highly competitive – strong leadership
- market, keeping the team focused on breakthrough procurement strategies and tactics to best leverage a limited procurement budget.
- A deep understanding and of corporate functions at the business level and how to leverage this understanding during negotiations and in crafting strategic relationships with vendors.
- A passionate executive and skilled communicator who can articulate both the Company vision and market position in a clear and compelling way that immediately generates excitement, enthusiasm and a commitment to team members, peers and external partners.
- Strong executive presence and credibility; with a focus on unquestionable integrity and management skills that allow for instant credibility with employees, peers and both internal and external customers.
- Experience in supporting transformation and change management initiatives.
- A deep understanding of Procurement processes and Supply Chain.
COMPETENCIES – FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE VITAL FOR THIS ROLE:
- Spend & Demand Analysis;
- Specification Analysis;
- Supply Market & Competitor Analysis;
- Value Chain & Total Cost Analysis;
- Strategic Category Management;
- Value Identification;
- Contracting/ Legal;
- Content Management;
- Reporting & Procurement Controlling;
- Procurement Applications & MDM;
- Operational Contract Management;
- Supplier Relationship Management;
- Procure to Pay;
- Spot Buy Execution;
- e-Sourcing Event Execution
Defines the overall category strategy for Consumer, Mobile and Marketing (40-50%)
- Takes a strategic long-term view of procurement in identifying and developing initiatives and sources of supply
- Aligns the overall category strategy to budget and demand plan, Company’s technology strategy, overall corporate strategy and leading practice
- Leads the key and complex supplier selection, identification of potential strategic partners and fact based negotiations for the commodity areas
- Coordinates, aligns and drives the execution of the Managed Services, HR Training and Travel, Consulting, Financial Services and Legal commodity strategies to the overall Consumer, Mobile and Marketing/ Professional Business Services strategy
- Performs the Category Manager role for one sub-category within the Consumer, Mobile and Marketing and category purchases
- Establishes measures and controls to ensure the successful implementation of the category strategy in alignment with the overall KPI framework
Drives contract compliance and payment terms as per Company polices (10-15%)
- Closely monitors internal customers contract compliance, defines and takes approved corrective actions to improve contract compliance in alignment with the procurement policy
- Manages internal customer relationships (10%)
- Manages overall internal customer feedback and query resolution on category and supplier performance
- Administers periodic surveys to measure customer feedback for continuous improvement
- Within the framework of the cross functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develops and manages the relationship with internal customers
- Improves and reinforces procurement’s image within the internal customer community
- Acts as a source of expert market knowledge, insight and advice to customers
Execution excellence (5%)
- Develops, maintains and embeds category-specific Intellectual Property and best practice
- Benchmarks performance internally and externally to develop and maintain a leadership position
- Drives annual productivity improvements in each spend sub-category
Manages complex supplier and strategic partner relationships and contracts (10%)
- In line with defined procurement strategy, supports the classification and categorisation of suppliers, including definition of supplier evaluation and accreditation
- Drives strategic supplier relationship management and performance management
- Leads key strategic supplier development activities
- In collaboration with the Compliance and Risk team, assesses and defines the supplier risk management plan and mitigation actions
- Encourages and champions supplier innovations and drives implementation
Drives contract compliance and payment terms as per Company policies (5%)
- Closely monitors internal customers contract compliance; defines and takes approved corrective actions to improve contract compliance
Manages people performance and development (10%)
- Manages the performance, development and implementation of the team’s learning and growth plans and provides coaching and mentoring to ensure ongoing learning and development within the team
- Provides comprehensive advice, insights, guidance and service on best practice procurement.
UPDATE your CV and mark it for ATTENTION: SHASHI PREMRAJ
CONTACT: For more information about this role, contact SHASHI PREMARAJ at M-PLOY GLOBAL RESOURCING.
- strong leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Team Management
Desired Work Experience:
- More than 10 years
Desired Qualification Level: