Our client in the manufacturing industry is currently looking to employ an Occupational Health Nurse.
This position will be based in Uitenhage.
- Fitness Medicals – Pre – employment / entry, pre – placement, periodic, transfer medical examination
- Exit / termination medical examinations to establish the state of health of the employee that could have been influenced by the exposure to his work environment.
- Medical surveillance programs, including Biological Monitoring and Hearing Conservation programmes
- Assessment, Investigation, Treatment and Follow up of IOD’s (injury on duty). Return to work assessments to establish is employee is medically fit to resume duties after IOD.
- Primary Health Care and Emergency Care
- PHC clinics, management of minor ailments and injuries, family planning,
- Health screenings, health campaigns and Health education in general which includes TB, HIV/AIDS, Chronic Disease, EAP education on a one to one basis
- Provide Pre- and Post- test counselling for HIV (VCT)
- Chronic disease management
- Call outs for emergencies, managing and referral of emergencies
- Administration includes:
- Record keeping and electronic health records
- Sick leave administration
- Medicine Control
- Injury on duty (IOD)
- Using medicine, materials and other equipment in the most cost effective and caring manner without changing the high standard of health care delivered.
Education and Experience:
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science
- Certificate in Occupational Health Nursing
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council
- Exposure and completion of courses in Spirometry, Audiometry and Vision Screening would be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years relevant nursing experience, of which 3 years should be as an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner (OHNP)
Skills, Attributes and Other requirements:
- Ability to take responsibility and accountability
- Good analytical skills
- High capability to act in emergency situations
- Knowledge of nursing process i.e. Observation. Planning, Action, Evaluation,
- Good decision making skills
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.