About the Position:
The overall function of the position is to ensure the smooth and smart running of the tourism facilities which mainly consists of a tasting room which services customers inside and outside (veranda and lawns).
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all day-to-day operations (main tourism focus is wine tastings and sales).
- Guide and steer overall service delivery (quality and efficiency).
- Maintain a clean and organised tourism facility (tidiness, maintenance and repairs).
- Maintain destination image in line with company brand.
- Manage tourism facility staff, including HR policies and procedures.
- Oversee effective and accurate stock management (including policies and procedures, stock counts and stock levels).
- Ensure health and safety compliance.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments (marketing, sales, cellar).
- Handling customer queries and complaints.
- Manage logistics for online sales and wine club.
- Organise and manage onsite and offsite wine events.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years management experience.
- 5 Years’ experience in the wine industry or minimum of level 1 Cape Wine Academy or WSET.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read and write Afrikaans and English.
- Good wine knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Problem solving skills and attitude.
- Strong people management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and administrating skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Common sense.
- Stress tolerance.
- Sense of urgency.
- Curiosity and creativity.
- Tech savvy.
- Team member.
Experience of EzyWine software.
Speak, read and or understand other local of foreign languages.
- Tourism Facility Manager
- EzyWine software
- Wine knowledge
- Wine industry
- Cape Wine Academy
- Online Wine Sales
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Food & Beverage Manufacturing