The Role: Engineering and design activities relating to scoping, pre-feasibility, feasibility studies, EPCM and EPC projectsMain functions include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the development and maintaining of project cost information
- Maintaining planned and actual cost and commitment schedules on a project.
- Assist with the development of Tender cost procedures and systems
- Maintaining tender costs to keep pricing competitive and actual
Skills and Experience: Cost Control or relevant QualificationA cost controller with accounting background (Payroll; supplier payments etc)Key Accountabilities: Technical ExpertiseCost Control Duties
- EPCM Man-hour Schedule
- Populating EPCM schedule with the Actual Budget Forecast
- Capturing Man-hours on Monthly Basis and updating forecast with PM prior to month end
- Prepare & submit EPCM Invoice & statement to client and follow up on payments (Invoice Age Analysis
- Monthly Forecasting update meeting with Project Manager, Engineers & QS
- Reconciling Procurement with Procurement Operating Plan
- Monthly reconciling Cost with client & organization
- Capturing orders against correct cost Centre by verifying orders against cost centre before commitment.
- Good understanding and knowledge of applicable standards and specifications.
- Maintain technical awareness of new technology and provide assistance and advice to the proposals department and other departments as required.
- High level of competence in the use of spreadsheets and / or database applications.
Operational Function Cost Control
- Creating, maintaining and reporting on the project incurred and forecasted costs.
- Supporting the setup and issuance of cost reports, including cost control curves.
- Supporting the development of contingency and change management processes and procedures.
- Supporting the setup and implementation of project progress measurement practices.
- Supporting the development of Final Forecast Cost and proactive identification of risks and mitigation.
- Supporting compliance with standardized processes, systems and tools.
- Maintaining relationships internally with the Procurement and estimating groups to ensure accuracy in current trends.
- Initiating budgetary control system and documentation for projects.
- Preparing forecasts, cost trend reports and monitoring cost and commitment to budget and forecast.
- Finalize costing of all detailed estimate line items using base lined project control budget) in order to establish package budgets.
- Assign budget for procurement packages, perform budget reconciliation or scope and pricing and produce reconciliation statement to support recommendations for award.
- Forecast project contingency requirements, escalation, foreign currencies etc.
- Establish project baseline cost
- Participate in the trending and change management process and incorporate approved trends into the project estimate at completion.
- Capture timesheet cost to EPCM/EPC projects.
- Managing engineers and suppliers for estimating
- Prepares an estimate document based on the scope of work and class of estimate required and historical costing information.
- Knowledge of EPCM, EPC and conceptual types of estimating.
- Production of quantity take-offs.
- Assist with preparing bid packages, acquire budget prices from the market place in an ethical and professional manner.
- Transmits vendor document requirements and other bid information to engineers, contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure estimates and cost control are accurate and complete.
- Ensure the quality management system and procedures are followed and standards are maintained.
- Implement and maintain cost database management.
- Soliciting and maintaining communication with contractors and suppliers, Project Manager and all discipline Engineers .
Personality and Attributes:
- Takes ownership and accountability for deliverables.
- Proactive, results driven and committed.
- Values Innovation and diversity of ideas.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Shows Initiative.
- Takes ownership for personal development
- Always looking for opportunities to grow and improve capability.
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst taking in to account the wider needs of the team.
- Awareness of own skills and knowledge (knowing when you ??don??t know?)
- Ability to work well under pressure, work on multiple tasks at one-time, prioritizing workloads and meeting deadlines