- Strong hands on technical and senior level leadership.
- Manage a team of DevOps specialists as they fulfill automation requirements.
- Gain a solid understanding of the technical landscape as a basis for defining integration and automation architecture / strategies / patterns.
- Develop and maintain mission-critical CI/CD pipelines / automation flows.
- Provide direct and responsive support to all operational environments that are deployed as part of the automation process.
- Participate in architecture and software development activities.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Use both proprietary and open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the automation space.
- Use coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve custom workflow requirements.
- Collaborate with others to arrive at the best way to tackle complex infrastructure, security, or development problems.
- Be an excellent communicator and able to bridge the gap between senior management and your team.
- Provide automation solutions into multiple departments.
- Drive technical innovation by introducing new technologies at all levels.
- Enable and maintain application configuration management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of service to multiple departments.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available, highly scalable service environment.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Set up and delivery of formal training courses to all stakeholders.
Qualification and Experience:
- BSC in Computer Science or equivalent area of technical study (IT experience can substitute for a BSC degree).
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes / Openshift / EKS.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), or in progress.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or in progress.
- Familiarity with agile software development practices.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- Significant experience with Linux operating system environments, preferably Redhat.
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell, Bash or Python.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise grade Insurance Systems and having implemented much of the above within an insurance environment.
- Strong data (database administration) / data architecture background, having previously provided automation and or version control within this space.
- Good understanding of Insurance Application Architecture (Party, Agreement, Product, Contract etc).
- Good working knowledge of logging platforms, for example ELK.
- Good working knowledge of APM platforms, Dynatrace would be advantageous.
- Performance monitoring and tuning.
- APM Platforms
About The Employer:
Our client has been on its Cloud Automation journey for some time now. More recently it has set itself an aggressive target of moving from its own data centres onto the AWS platform by the end of 2021. They currently have a mix of traditional legacy IT systems together with systems based on more modern architecture principles and practices.
The demand for automation and problem solving within the our client’s technical landscape is ever growing. There is a major switch taken place from the traditional waterfall approach of service delivery into a more Agile operational model. This drives out the requirement for someone who understands legacy systems and how to integrate them with modern IT infrastructures and platforms while at the same time providing the automation thereof.