The Role: Engineering and design activities relating to scoping, pre-feasibility, feasibility studies, EPCM and EPC projectsMain functions include (but not limited to):
- Lead, co-ordinate and manage all engineering and design functions for a project.
- Ensuring different disciplines are integrated into an effective, fit for purpose, engineering solution.
- Technical Support.
- Contract Management.
- Site Support.
- Documentation and handover
Skills and Experience: 5-7 years ExperienceB.ENG Mech degreeKey Accountabilities: Engineering
- Ensure that engineering designs are innovative and fit for purpose
- Ensure that engineering is safe (with specific reference to the legal SHE requirements in terms of Clause 21 of the MHSA).
- Ensure that designs are constructible and operationally viable.
- Ensure that the best engineering principles, statutory regulations, statutory acts, codes of practice, industry norms, specifications together with the client specifications and the applicable procedures are applied.
- Ensure all required engineering design criteria are generated and that they aligned with the project scope and budget.
- Ensure the engineering deliverables meet customer and other stakeholder expectations.
- Engineering and the design office and the engineering and the project management and support functions.
- Develop and manage an engineering schedule which meets project schedule requirements in an efficient and logical manner, ensuring the achievement of procurement schedules.
- Manage design coordination reviews with specific reference to monitoring progress and coordinating engineering activities between disciplines.
- Co-ordinate the receipt of certified vendor information into the drawing office.
- Ensure an appropriate level of design review to monitor technical quality and conformance to all requirements.
- Manage engineering and design risk continually and proactively throughout the project lifecycle, escalating more serious risks to HOD and/or project management level as required.
- Comply with the project safety procedures, and culture.
- Ensure that procurement packages are effectively managed in accordance with the project schedule.
- Ensure that project quality is managed in accordance with the project quality plan or project specific requirements.
- Ensure the appropriate level and quality of technical/engineering input is provided timeously into the compilation and management of all procurement packages.
- Conduct FAT testing on equipment to ensure equipment leaves respective workshops in a working condition and with the highest standards of workmanship
- Define, obtain approval for and manage an engineering scope of work and deliverable schedule to meet the project and corporate requirements in respect of the level of engineering and costing accuracy.
- Provide assistance to the construction team on site in terms of:
- Solving engineering related queries.
- Determination and management of construction related QC requirements.
- Attendance on site during the construction completion and commissioning phases.
- Vendor involvement facilitation for approval of installation.
- Commissioning assistance.
- Manage personal and design/Draughting budget man-hours.
- Ensure designs produced are in accordance with the capital budget and quantities.
- Adjudication of equipment and contractors after tender process. Ensure that adjudication is based on quality, suitability, reputability, and cost.
- Manage capital budget as allocated per discipline/procurement package.
- Ensure suitable contract management is applied to managed procurement packages
- Ensures that all interactions with Clients are conducted in professional and respectful manner.
- Keep Clients informed and up to date on status of project technical aspects.
- Generation of RFI (Request for Information) and VO (Variation Order) documentation for various variations identified within the project
Personality and Attributes:
- Shows initiative and proactiveness (i.e. prevents rather than solves problems or provides a solution).
- Is committed to the success of the project.
- Has a positive and can-do attitude.
- Values innovation and diversity of ideas.
- Takes ownership for personal development (within industry through registration and within company