- National Diploma in HR degree or similar qualification.
- 6 Years’ IR, HR Admin in unionised environment, SDF, equity reporting, BBBEE and management control experience.
- Knowledge and experience dealing with CCMA/CDR, Section 189, HR policies and procedures essential.
- Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel required
- Sage Payroll, SI, ODBC
- Formulating charges for disciplinary warnings in accordance with company code of conduct
- Formulating charges for disciplinary hearings and issuing of disciplinary notices.
- Help managers prepare for disciplinary hearings.
- Chairing of disciplinary hearings.
- Report writing.
- Chairing Grievances/ Conduct counselling
- Presiding at CCMA related matters.
- Arbitration (Preparing/ Compiling all relevant info for CCMA cases.
- Ensure performance appraisals are conducted biannually.
- Ensure appraisals are received.
- Calculate annual increase/ year-end bonus percentage according to employee appraisals scores.
- Liaise and assist with payroll for inception.
- A part of the employment equity committee.
- Compiling/ Gathering of information required for EE submissions and DOL upload.
- Liaise with Trade union with regards to union related matters as well as employee issues brought to my attention
- Involved in negotiation process (Observation)
- Payment of Union fees
- Filing of all union related correspondence
- Ensure each employee follows the Company induction policy.
- All employees to receive HR policy, training plan, job description on commencement of duties.
- Follow Probation Policy process with mangers to ensure employee is correctly appointed for a position.
- Create training plan.
- Obtain training registers, certificates.
- Source registered and accredited providers.
- Conduct changes to employee information (Salary, Allowances, Personal details, bank account changes etc) as and when required.
- Assistance with regards to payroll queries.
- Liaising and facilitating with management with regards to terminations (Retrenchments,
- Contract Expirations etc)
- Drafting all relevant exit documentation (cert of service, UIF docs, termination letter etc) UIF Documentation.
- Advise staff with regards to claiming UIF benefits (Maternity, Terminated employees etc)
- Supply all relevant documentation for the application of unemployment benefits.
- Liaise with employee or consults from the labour department with regards to an employee or former employee’s UIF application.
- Ensure branches/sites are prepared for labour audits.
- Compile all relevant information required for labour audit.
- Ensuring all personnel files are in order.
- Ensure all relevant info in personnel files.
- Ensure all correspondence is filed.
- Maintain filing system.
- Ensure all personnel transferred from Branches/Sites are recorded.
- Liaise with payroll department regarding staff transfers to update on payroll.
- Issuing all new personnel with contracts and supporting info (Policy/Procedures).
- Ensuring all fixed contracts are up to date (Renewed/Extended).
- Ensure all new contracts are loaded onto payroll system.