Internal Audit Senior – MT to come out of FMCG background. NB Requires frequent travel
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree (Internal Audit) or Equivalent
- Sound IT skills.
- Minimum 4 years Internal Audit experience with majority in a FMCGenvironment
- Supervision of Internal Audit Teams. This is important
- Certified Internal Auditor or substantial progress toward [URL Removed] will be set in the employment contract to complete this if not already
- Assistance with Control Self-Assessment questionnaires
- Performing Management Ad-hoc requests and preparation of report
- Conducting of Stock-Take audits and preparing Stock-Take Audit Reports withinhalf-day deadline for review by Internal Audit Manager.
- Conducting of preliminary forensics investigations and preparation of report
- Conducting of internal audit projects (main function of job)
- Accountable for all audit projects assigned
- Supervision and management of internal auditors and junior internal auditorson audit projects. This is key to being successful in the role.
- On the job coaching to internal auditors and trainees and graduates – allprojects.
- Review of junior internal auditors and internal auditors working papers andfindings raised for factual accuracy and that all working papers/findings are
supported and cross-reference to evidence.
- Compilation of allocation schedules and allocation of audit work to team.
- Monitoring of members to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Quality of own work on TeamMate audit projects. This role is not onlySupervisory, but audit work on the projects will be assigned.
- Excellent understanding of process within an FMCG environment. This is key tobeing successful in the role.
- Daily and weekly status updates to Internal Audit Manager
- Generate audit findings by deadlines for review by Internal Audit Manager
- Review of junior staff findings.
- Drafting the Executive Summary and Introduction sections of the audit report
- Responsible for the integrity of reporting/information on TeamMate Projectrelating to areas of work
- Finalisation of TeamMate project and ensuring all procedures have beencompleted and reviewed.
- Ensure all information and evidence is filed, updated and readily available as
- Performance feedback to staff.
- Liaison with client and management on site and during the audit.
- Close-out meetings with branch management, where required
- Conducting of Ad-hoc audits
- Official will conduct him or herself in line with the IIA Code of Ethics includingthe “Rule of Conduct for Internal Auditors”
- Overtime – official will be required to work overtime when operationallyrequired. This is required for stock-takes that are done over a weekend and
after hours. Other overtime will be required for full audits where work has not
been achieved with budgeted timelines.
- Travelling forms a big part of this role. Travel on projects two weeks away andone week in the office. Travel back on weekends. Road travel to near cities
which will be done on a Sunday with time off in the week, on a Friday. The
candidate must be prepared to travel vastly.
- Ensure all Ad-hoc administrative tasks as assigned by Internal Audit Manager orInternal Audit Executive are executed
- Assist where needed.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate and guide the Internal Audit team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- High levels of skills in MS Excel.
- Deadline driven.
- High energy levels.
- Ability to add value to Internal Audit Reports.
- Ability to apply common sense to all tasks
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to analyse interpret and integrate different sources of information
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level: