To support the production process with adequate levels of availability, operability (sustained production rates) and reliability relating to the mechanical aspect of the production and all ancillary equipment by ensuring that all engineering related breakdowns, problems and opportunities related to all equipment in the converting plant, are attended to in the shortest possible time and in the most effective and safest manner possible. To ensure that all mechanical equipment and installations comply with the OHS Act and related regulations.
- Ensure that the health and safety of employees, plant, equipment and buildings are maintained in accordance to the health, safety and environmental policies of the company,
- Ensure maximum availability of the mechanical equipment, compressors, civil maintenance and also at times, electrical and instrumentation equipment,
- Comply with all Twinsaver policies and procedures in all activities,
- To carry out daily inspection and equipment in the respective sections of the factory and report to the Mechanical Foreman and/or Engineer immediately of any discrepancies,
- To be available after hours and to perform standby duties as and when required,
- To participate in continuous improvement and optimization of maintenance methods. This can be archived via processes including RCFA techniques,
- Ensure repairs are carried out in the most cost effective way possible and to the appropriate engineering standards,
- To attend to training as and when prescribed,
- To ensure that spares are available and that spares are regularly audited for availability and proper Storage,
- To ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained and adhered to,
- To ensure that mechanical plant availability is greater than 95%
- To ensure that mechanical schedule attainment of 100%,
- To ensure that all tools supplied by Twinsaver are handled and maintained with care.
- Grade 12, with relevant red seal trade papers, 5 years post apprenticeship experience with Mechanical fitting and turning in a FMCG environment (preferably paper Converting) with an emphasis on bearings, belt, pulleys, chains, sprockets, motors, gearboxes, conveyors, pneumatics, hydraulics, embossers, installation of paper equipment, compressors, maintenance techniques, lubrication, machining, welding. Basic computer literacy.
- The fitting experience will include, but not limited to, the following: Fitting and maintenance of shafts, keys, couplings, bearings, gears, clutches, pulleys and belts marking, drilling, tapping and machining, Pneumatic fault finding and repairs on systems and components, Knowledge of lubrication practices, Replace and repair defective parts on the machines, Recondition gearbox
- Must be able to use a lathe and milling machine to manufacture, prepare or modify mechanical parts as required. (Cutting of key-ways on shafts, modifying sprocket bore sizes, manufacturing of spacers and blocks, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Have good fault-finding ability, be a team player, possess a logical thought process, have a stable personality, show integrity and be able to work under pressure, ? Be willing to perform standby duties.
- Be prepared to work outside normal working hours,
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work without supervision, driven to learn and improve himself, development potential, takes accountability for own actions, passionate about success, attention to detail and high standards of workmanship,
- Must be able to identify, visualize, articulate and deploy plant improvement solutions
- Adhering to all safe working procedures and Standard Operating Procedures,
- Knowledge of all the legal requirements of the OSH Act, Basic Condition of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act and other legal requirements ISO 9001 document control standards
- Mechanical Artisan
- Red Seal
- Trade Test
- Mechanical fitting and turning
- Fitting and maintenance
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years Paper Manufacturing
- 5 to 10 years Artisan