Our client within the manufacturing concern, seeks to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified Associate Manager: Production to join their team based in Ladysmith. The successful incumbent will be required to focus on World Class Production Techniques, as well as providing integrated cross-functional management and operational expertise.
- Monitor and investigate instances of raw material components and production variances against plan.
- Ensure effective planned maintenance (PM) and resolution of breakdowns on shifts.
- Confirms the availability of labour at the start of the shift and where necessary organize replacement labour.
- Investigate serious problems on shift and ensure corrective actions when necessary.
- Prioritize resources on shift to ensure production plan is met (e.g., prioritize multiple breakdowns).
- Ensure all processes & procedures are followed in conjunction with FMEAs & Control plans
- Manage and maintain discipline in subordinates and peers.
- Prepare and coordinate all shift reports and publish.
- Monitor, measure, report and action improvements regarding in-process and product quality.
- Monitor, report & review output efficiency.
- Ensure that all process control checks are timeously carried out by the operators, through the conducting of random checks of their LPAs, SICs and charts.
- Daily shift meetings with AMs.
- Ensure process operate as per specifications between departments.
- Collaborate with departmental GMs and PMs regarding process & production stability.
- Escalation matrix to PM, GM, and DH.
- Conduct preliminary safety investigations on shift.
- This position will be the senior responsible manager on weekends and on afternoon/night shift.
- Maintain high care on first/last hour to ensure that output standards are met.
- Carry out any other tasks as required by DH.
If you do not receive any feedback within 14 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
This Advert and any rights attaching hereto are, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of EOH Group Limited and/or its subsidiaries (“the Group”). The Group accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages, whatsoever and howsoever incurred or suffered, resulting, or arising from the use of information contained in an Advert which has not been released by the Group.
- ND Production/Quality Management/Engineering or BSc Engineering B Degree in Production –
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience in a similar position in a manufacturing industry is an advantage –
- Knowledge of inter-operation of existing factory systems –
- MS Office (Excel (Advanced) Word Power point) –
- A self-starting individual with sound leadership attributes who has energy drive self-confidence accuracy and the ability to constantly deliver on their commitments in meeting deadlines. –
- The ability to function effectively under pressure. –
- Superior communication and people skills are pre-requisites.