Data Scientist (Parvana)
About the Client:
- Our client is South Africaâ€™s leading digital financial institution that enables over 13.5 million clients to transact, save, insure and access credit in real-time. They currently have more than 840 branches and over 13 500 employees and are still growing. Growth is focused not only on clients, but also on employees, who have access to training and development opportunities to help them unlock their full potential. Our client employs passionate people who excel in a rapidly-changing digital environment and consistently deliver value.
- Providing support to the team through the analysis of client information to model and predict client behaviour as well as business trends.
- Providing analysis, modelling, simulation and optimisation to discover trends, opportunities and threats.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification.
Skills / Experience:
- 5 years working experience in data science, machine learning and integration of developed solutions.
- 5 yearsâ€™ experience in development and deployment of advanced predictive models.
- Must understand business context.
- Able to use SQL to get data / design / build / implement to production.
- SQL / GIT / Python / R.
- Docker or similar deployment environments.
- AWS experience preferred.
- Specific experience in Insurance, Natural Process Learning (NLP) and Risk (AML) would be ideal.
- Remains current with developments in advanced analytics technology and methodologies and comfortable using relevant techniques or technologies.
- Technical expert in several data science specialities, e.g. ML, modelling, database technologies, designs solution architecture, storytelling etc.
- Knowledge / experience in the following:
- Business Analysis and Requirements gathering
- Predictive modelling techniques
- Operational environment
- Database design principles
To apply use the application tool above or send us an email to [Email Address Removed]