An excellent opportunity to join a frequented bushveld holiday resort as General Manager!
Duties & Responsibilities
- To control costs and expenses whilst maximizing revenues, thus achieving optimum profitability
- To prioritize capital expenditure requirements
Marketing & Sales
- Develop a sound integrated marketing plan for the Resort
- Ensure that Resort financial reporting is on time and correct
- Ensure that all Resort reports, as required by Head Office, are correct and timeously submitted.
- To effectively monitor Resort management and strive for ongoing development and high morale of the entire workforce through training, communication and interaction between Resort management and staff.
- Identify management potential and development needs and agree appropriate action with HR
- Implement job descriptions and company performance appraisal procedures.
- Manage the KPA’s of HOD
- To ensure effective communication through the continuous and undistorted flow of information between Resort and head office, management and staff by holding regular meetings as per agreed schedule.
- To maintain and improve agreed physical, behavioral and quality standards.
- Develop a sound integrated business plan for the Resort.
- Develop and conduct research for top quality products at the Resort.
External Environment/ Social Responsibility
- Participate in agreed external bodies
- Agree with the Operations Executive productivity goals and ensure that these goals are achieved.
- Practice modern management techniques
- Maintain high visibility status by interacting with guests
- Constantly monitor and update quality and service policy.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification – Resort/Hotel Management
- General Management Qualification – Will be an advantage
- Ability to motivate and co-ordinate staff
- Food & Beverage experience – Will be an advantage
- Strong financial background and exceptionally good communication and marketing skills
- At least 5 years experience in a Management position in the Hospitality Industry. Previous experience within Resorts/Hotels specifically will be a strong advantage.
- Handle guest and staff relations and complaints
- Knowledge of disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Must be competent on AccPac, Word, Excel and Windows
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be a STRONG administrator.
- Must be able to liase with persons of all persuasion.
- Must be able to take initiative and perform independently
- Sound HR experience will be an advantage
Package & Remuneration
R45 000 -R50 000 p.m. negotiable depending on experience
- General Management
- Resort Management
- Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Industry
- Beverage Management
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level: