A Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (Fixed Term Contract) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium’s Health Systems Enablement & Innovation (HSEI) in Centurion – Gauteng.
The Health Systems Enablement & Innovation (HSEI), based at the University of the Witwatersrand, studies enablement amongst individual patients, patient populations, health services and health systems with a particular focus on underserved or vulnerable populations. The aim is to help South Africa and African underserved and vulnerable populations and their national health systems realize their true potential. HSEI supports national health systems through healthcare delivery redesign, professional advice and research guided by our motto “Dignity through healthcare.”
We seek a dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated quantitative senior researcher to be part of our health economics research portfolio. Research in this portfolio focuses on the costing studies, cost-effectiveness and benefits of healthcare interventions, health systems and health policy particularly those related to hospital services and cancer care. Successful applicants will develop and lead studies and analyze and publish data from research projects on research questions that contribute to the evidence-based for improving access to and delivery of health services.
Main purpose of the job
- To develop and lead the monitoring and evaluation strategy for HSEI projects and ensure efficiency in the provision of project reports
- Plan and implement strategies to maximize the usage of data collected and ensure appropriate dissemination of important lessons learned
- Strengthen the M&E capacity of relevant stakeholder staff
- Office of the Health Systems Enablement & Innovation Unit, Centurion
Key performance areas
1. Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy and Research (40%)
- Develop and implement an effective result-based M&E system including tools and techniques in collaboration with the donor, CO, partners and program staff
- Ensure that M&E systems and procedures are well-integrated with donor/ funder reporting systems and procedures
- Identification M&E priorities and includes these in annual plans
- Design research and evaluation efforts to assess the impact of HSEI projects and programs
- Improve data systems – collection, storage, use
- Design and Implement risk Management SOPs/processes to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency in the implementation of projects
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output
2. Monitoring &Evaluation Implementation (40%)
- Implement monitoring and evaluation plans for all the projects
- Ensure the implementation of M&E priorities included in annual plans
- Prepare high-quality reports for internal and external audiences
- Assess the impact of HSEI projects and programs
- Build an organizational knowledge base through research and partnerships
3. Organization Strategic Planning & Reporting (10%)
- Use data to make project recommendations to HSEI senior leadership
- Collaborate with the management team to set program milestones and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Ensure HSEI performance is reviewed on annual basis
- Organise Annual Project Reviews and Planning workshops and prepare materials for workshops
- Prepare funder reports
- Oversee impact narrative for external communications including donors, government, and partners
- Ensure implementation of decentralized M&E system
4. Operating Systems Support (10%)
- Explore and provide recommendations for innovative technologies to streamline monitoring, evaluation and other operational functions
- Build staff capacity through training and technical assistance for accurate data collection and reporting
- Organize and facilitate M&E trainings and workshops including preparation of concept note and development of training materials, training schedule, etc.
- Work with the Finance, Operations, and Compliance units to develop a system to track and report cost-related data for program elements to reinforce financial and budgetary strategies and allocations during planning periods
5. Unit Participation & Staff Management
Required minimum education and training
- Master’s in Public Health or equivalent
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools
- Extensive knowledge in (quasi-) experimental program evaluation designs
- Broad experience in the design and implementation of capacity-building activities in M&E
- High level of proficiency in Windows Excel and/ or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA)
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem-solving
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Being proactively self-engaged in research and innovations in the field of M&E
- Ability to lead strategic planning sessions
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation in the health/ donor sectors
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experienceas mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 26 March 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.