A well-established company in the steel industry is looking for a Buyer.
Salary: R25000 to R28000 per month, cost to company
Benefits include medical aid and pension
- Purchasing of consumables and steel
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Preparing and raising purchase orders
- Assessing and evaluating suppliers to ensure contract compliance
- Ensuring on-time delivery to meet project and other deadlines
- Preparation of reports and providing updates
- Nest structural steel components and ensure best utilisation of material.
- Ensure cutting lists are printed after ordering.
- Ensuring monthly and annual PPE is purchased timeously and packs are made up in time for issuing.
- Matching of invoices and delivery notes to purchase orders
- Ensuring that Mobile Crane and Forklift services are up to date and keeping record thereof.
- Ensuring that vehicle services are up to date and completing licenses and roadworthy documents, as well as record keeping thereof.
- Ensure tracker devices are installed in new company vehicles and monitored on a continuous basis and report any discrepancies arising.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a related environment
- Procurement or similar qualification would be an advantage
- Very good computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Browser, Strumis)
- Able to develop and execute production plans.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years Purchasing & Procurement