Under supervision of the Group Legal and Compliance Manager, to responsibly and proactively facilitate the business of the Avacare Health Group by competently servicing the legal, corporate, commercial, intellectual property (IPR), litigation and other legal requirements of the Group and complying with legal strategy.
- Conducting legal analysis and researching legal matters
- Providing advice on legal matters
- Drafting legal opinions, memoranda, and briefing documents
- Reviewing legal material
- Assist in the corporate governance processes across the Group
- Assist with execution and implementation of corporate funding transactions
- Facilitate the contract management process;
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Group intellectual property strategy;
- Continuous development, review and updating of legal templates and standardization across the Group.
Education & Skills:
- Law Degree or postgraduate Degree – LLB
- Admitted Attorney
- Membership of a Professional Body (Law Society of SA)
- A minimum of 2 years’ post-articles legal experience in a corporate / commercial / operational legal environment
- General commercial knowledge and experience
- Experience in independently drafting and vetting legal agreements is essential
- General business industry experience (FMCG and/or pharmaceutical industry knowledge including regulatory experience is an advantage)
- Experience in Corporate Governance with a focus on King IV
- Exposure in drafting and negotiating international legal agreements
- Displays an understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business by keeping up to date with relevant business knowledge
- Allocates one’s own time efficiently and ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Communicates clearly and effectively by using appropriate style, grammar, and tone in informal and formal business communications.
- Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Must be able to operate in a global entity where collaboration and integration is essential across multiple countries.
- law degree
- Commercial law
- Corporate Governance
- King IV
- Contract drafting
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Legal Advisory
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Avacare Health Group is an integrated healthcare marketing company. We apply market knowledge, science and global resources to deliver innovate methods of making our products accessible and widespread. As a well-established group, we supply a wide range of products. We are based in 11 countries and although each market has its own requirements and characteristics, our product range is broken down into three specialties, namely pharmaceutical, medical disposable and devices.