- Team Leader Data & Analystics. To provide support to the Credit Value Stream, for the New & Existing Products delivery track through component or analytics teams; business level interaction with clients to ensure clear understanding of the core business requirements for efficient support and development of appropriate analyses and reports for the business.
- To co-ordinate the daily allocation to and progress on specific tasks of a dedicated analytics or delivery team to ensure delivery according to the Capitec recipe and agile way of work, within agreed timeframes.
- To manage and support a team through providing clear direction in terms of delivery, providing technical support, aiding in the development of goal plans, and assisting in the setting and achieving of career development goals.
- Over 2 years’ experience in leadership or management role in the technology and/or data environment.
- Experience in an analytics role, (Data Engineer, BIBA, BI Analyst) including experience in and understanding of database structure design and data extraction principles
- In an environment which required validating work
- Stakeholder relationship engagement and management
- Responsibility for delivery in a fast moving environment
- Functional experience relevant to the value stream or component team area.
- Experience gained in a banking/retail/financial services environment.
- Agile methodology experience
- Experience in a technical; support function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analysis or Information Technology – Systems Engineering
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- Honours Degree in Data Analysis or Information Technology – Systems Engineering
- Systems Development Life Cycle
- Analytics problem methodologies
- General business/financial systems & procedures
- Database design principles
- People management practices
- Business acumen
- Data modelling
- Stakeholder relationship management principles
- Understanding of, and exposure to, DevOps and DataOps principles
- Capitec Bank environment and products
- The particular operational area (value stream / component team) in which the role will operate.
- SQL Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Decision making skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Communications Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Management skills
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Leading and Supervising
- Working with People
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Creating and Innovating
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Ability and willingness to work in an open plan environment
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required
- Willingness to work or be available overtime and / or weekends if required
- Willingness to travel nationally if and when required
- Willing and able to use own home as a formal office / base of operations (including space for ad hoc storage of paperwork, stock, etc.)