ENVIRONMENT:If you are self-driven & thrive under pressure, then your technical expertise as a DevOps Engineer is sought by an End-to-End IT Management and Consultative IT Services Specialist. Your role will include Client Support, Scripting & Automation, CI/CD Management, ensure the correct servers are used with the correct configuration and the latest stable software packages while assisting to recruit new technical team members and train and mentor juniors. You will require Grade 12/Matric, 4 years technical experience in an IT Infrastructure Management environment, 3-5 years Linux Server / Windows Server / Networking & Development experience and VMware skills. You must possess a valid Code B Drivers Licence and your own [URL Removed] Support.
- Training and developing junior Services staff.
- Recruitment of new technical team members.
- Building strong relationships with the client(s).
- Motivating junior team members.
- Performance Management of junior team members.
- Managing of leave, promotions and discipline of junior team members.
- Grade 12/Matric.
- 4 Years technical experience in an IT Infrastructure Management environment.
- 3 – 5 Years
- Linux Server / Windows Server / Networking.
- Development experience.
- 1 – 2 years Virtualization experience (VMware).
- Valid Code B Drivers Licence.
- Own transport.
- NodeJS, Perl, Bash, [URL Removed] HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL, NoSQL
- Android, iOS, Jira, GIT, CI/CD, Ansible, Docker, REST API, XML, JSON, YML
- Linux (RHCE), Windows (MCSE), Networking (Network +), Security (Security +), Hardware (A+), MikroTik, Cisco (CCNA)
- VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Office (all aspects), Open-source Technologies
- High degree of aptitude in the IT environment.
- Passion for technology and learning.
- Entrepreneurial initiative (self-starter).
- Excellent client relationship building skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Good analytical, problem solving and report writing skills.
- Presentation & communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Strong influencing skills as well as relationship and network building skills.
- Team orientated as well as ability to work independently.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Willingness to learn.
- Show good judgement in all decisions to ensure sustainability.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.