- Perform planned and breakdown repairs, services and maintenance on Earthmoving Equipment and components to supplier standards and customer requirements.
- Quickly and efficiently diagnose machine systems and carry out repairs, services and maintenance on Earthmoving Equipment on customer sites.
- Compile accurate customer machine analysis and reports including Machine Inspection Reports (MIR’s) and Technical Analysis Reports (TA’s).
- Maintain professional image when representing Barloworld Equipment.
- Able to work without supervision in Field Service and workshop.
- Ensure safe work practice.
- Control Contamination.
- Control own admin (labour booking, service reports, part returns, expenses etc.).
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Disassemble and assemble caterpillar components.
- Grade 12.
- Qualified in relevant trade (e.g. Diesel Mechanic / Earthmoving Equipment Mechanic) NQF 3.
- Machine specific technical knowledge and skills.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic technical report writing.
- Basic business and financial understanding.
- Some Computer Literacy (SIS, STW and ET) knowledge.
- Basic trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Applicable product knowledge.
- Drivers licence – Code B.
- Understanding of supplier warranty systems, policies and procedures.
- Diesel Mechanic
- Earthmoving Equipment Mechanic
- Earthmoving Equipment
- caterpillar components